1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gets so frustrating not being able to come out!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mystic flower, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Mystic flower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, this is where I stand right now: I have come out to at lease a dozen people, but not being able to come out openly gets so frustrating! I am at a phase where I am comfortable with being bi (more of a les) and have a good support system.

I live in a place where homophobia is a big issue, I am afraid of rejection. Taking it slow on all levels is safest, and will benefit my well being as I have an anxiety disorder. Panic attacks have become less frequent, and I have learned good coping skills. There are good days, and bad days. On good days, I feel the need to celebrate myself, to celebrate the fact that I am content with my lifestyle. On bad days, I cannot breathe and take it 15 minutes at a time. I want to come out, but I freeze, so coming out to my parents won't happen any time soon.

I want so much to come out to my mother, and talk to her about my life and what makes my heart sing, about where I stand right now. I am not too close to her, and she is very traditional and is openly against people like me. I am confused, I guess, about coming out or just staying in the closet. I am rambling on, sorry but I need to let this all out and I have no one to go to.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look here:
    Empty Closets - For Parents
    The credible scientific literature, the American Psychological Association, the American Psychiatric Association, and the National Association of Social Workers are all completely clear on this issue: Sexual orientation is fixed very early in life, likely before birth, but certainly before 5 years of age. In an exhaustive review of the literature examining every study done in the past 50 years, the APA found that there was no credible evidence that sexual orientation is a choice, that it can be changed, or that so-called "reparative therapy" is effective in altering an individual's sexual orientation.

You might say that your orientation is not a choice...
    and that its neither your fault nor your parents upbringing...

and that your orientation is only a part of you... you are still the same person...
    reliable and with the same sense of humour...

and that there is something like a kinsey scale and its a real preference...

but take the time you need...

hugs