1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hated

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kid Quasar, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Kid Quasar

It was all good at first, but ever since I went fully out to my family, they've treated me differently. They give me harsher punishments then they do to my bro, he get's a lot more of attention, he admitted that he likes to make my life miserable... I don't feel good T,T

2. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Enya will make it better:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a88-Tyl1gkI&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

No really, if there is such a thing as therapeutic music, it is here. I'm sorry, but I suck at giving actual advice.

3. thugbuster245

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You never mentioned how long ago you came out to your parents. Assuming that it was somewhat recent, your parents may still be in shock even if they don't admit it. It takes time for some parents to come to terms with their child's sexuality. If you think this might be the underlying problem, perhaps you should educate them and your brother about PFLAG's website: www.pflag.org

Another good one is: www.familyacceptance.org

Both are very nice and informative websites, and I recommend them both. You should talk to your parents and brother about how you feel, and let them know that you feel like they are harder on you than they are on your brother. Let your brother know that you don't appreciate him trying to make your life any more hellish than it already is. Do this while everything is calm in the household, and remain calm and tactful during this conversation. Be ready to give your parents specific examples to support your claim of how they are treating you differently than your brother. Let them know that you love them and that you don't want any conflict which is why you are coming to them to clear the air. Hopefully they will respect the fact that you came to them for peaceful conflict resolution.

4. Jim1454

Excellent advice - because that's what I was going to say! :grin:

You can't change how other people feel, but you can inform them how you are feeling. Don't do it in a judgemental or angry way. Just be clear. And Then set some reasonable boundries. Let your brother know that if he talks to you in a way that upsets you, you're simply going to leave the room and ignore him. That will take the fun out of his tormenting. The same could be said of your parents... Let them know that you expect to be treated fairly.

Good luck.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>he admitted that he likes to make my life miserable...

That's all you really need on him. Tell your parents he said that, and ask if they think that's acceptable.

Lex