1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lying about sexuality and going to hell?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by iam324b21, Feb 4, 2015.

1. iam324b21

iam324b21 Guest

I like girls and sometimes I'm okay with that. I've contemplated coming out, but I keep avoiding it (most people think I'm straight).

Recently, I've been thinking about how religion and sexuality interact. I was raised a Christian (not a strict one) and the rest of my family is religious (strict and against homosexuality).

I've tried to resist my attractions, which can work sometimes, but it's tiring always keeping myself in check and avoiding certain people and situations. And I always fail anyway.

I can't see myself falling in love with and marrying a man, but I don't want to sin (according to the Bible).

Should I just come out as asexual, which would would be an excuse as to why I won't marry a man (or anyone for that matter)? Or is that lying, so I'll go to hell for that?

I don't want to suppress a part of me, because people have noticed I'm withdrawn and not myself. But I don't want to upset my family, or God.

I'm at a loss at how to handle this. I'm about ready to give up.

2. mangotree

How you live your life is nobody elses business but your own.
    Sacrificing your happiness for the sake of not offending people is not what god would want.
    Would god prefer you to be a lyer or a happy lover of life?

3. Wildside

Wildside Guest

it would be a great injustice to marry a man knowing that you are gay. injustice to him, obviously, but also to yourself. to injure two persons like this just to avoid the family's condemnation would be a much greater sin than just living your life authentically and honestly. some families change when they realize that they have a gay person in the family. some families never change. but God made us the way we are, and we don't understand all his reasons. Just always remember that each time God created, he looked upon his creation and said that it was good. You are good, and if you live an honest life, true to who you really are, you should feel joy in knowing that your life pleases him!

4. 8pointhunter3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
  5. floundering

floundering Guest

I was just about to post this before I clicked on the link to see what is was! :grin:

The video that 8pointhunter3 posted covers very important information.

I am Roman Catholic, though not a strict practitioner.

In the New Testament, it is stated that the old laws have been fulfilled by Jesus and they are obsolete. Everything concerning homosexuality being a sin and all that other stuff is in the Old Testament. The Old Testament is the old law. It was kept more for reference and so that people know what went down. Kind of like a record of history.

In Rome, it was very common for a married man to only have sex with his wife for procreation. Women were seen is disfigured versions of the male body. Whenever they felt like having sex for pleasure, it was with another male. Usually an adolescent boy, who may or may not have been a servant. Since the Roman Empire ruled over the biblical lands, such practice was probably pretty common there as well. The reason why man laying with man was declared an abomination? Homosexual relationships were based off of lust at the time, one of the deadly sins.

You shouldn't be worried about upsetting God. God is love, he loves you for who you are, not what you do. Of course, if you went and murdered 57 people, God wouldn't be happy, but God would still love you. Because God is love. If you find a woman that you are attracted to and you begin a relationship with her, maybe you'll get married. You should focus on you yourself being happy. You are not obliged to get married to anyone. You could go through life unmarried and die unmarried. It's not unnatural or abnormal, it's merely not the social normative. I'm talking about both homosexuality and not marrying.

If your family is upset by your being a lesbian, it's not your fault. Their upset will most likely be caused by their own selfish and or ignorant reasons. You can't control whether or not your family gets upset by those kinds of things.

Also, you will not go to hell for such an innate aspect of your being.

A lot of people who think that homosexuality is a sin do so because they haven't read the Bible all the way through by themselves. They're going about their religion by hearsay and with predjudice, judgement, and hate. So really, they're not even practising any of the Christian faiths, they're just going about in some muck of misinformation and misunderstanding and calling it Christian or Catholic. I find it insulting and very rude.

If you decide to come out to your family, maybe do it after you've shared some enlightening information with them, like the stuff above. It's appalling how many people of Christian faiths don't know even a single shred of it. They're just believing what they're told and using someone else's opinion, not making their own. It's not uncommon for people to twist words to suit their own needs or opinions. All members of the church and Vatican — they are very much human and in the past, humans have been very nasty concerning religions and very corrupt. It is also said in the Bible that the Scribes were not always honest and would twist things.

One little tidbit for the end: God already knows your sexuality, your aesthetic preferences, and every little detail down to the very atoms that make up your being. Humans cannot comprehend the ways that God works and thinks because we are just that — human.

(*hug*)

6. 8pointhunter3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    floundering put it perfectly. Like he said, God already knows everything about you, so don't sweat it!

7. musicman1982

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi iam324b21!

My dad is a born again christian, both of my parents have given my sister and I to choose to follow the christian faith or not. For my own beliefs, I celebrate christmas and all the usual basic stuff. But I don't totally follow all of the rules of the bible, due to my own personal reasons. As both of my parents have passed on the code of "If you live a good life, respect others and most importantly respect yourself." That's all you need to think about really, is that what the bible teaches anyway? I don't want to force my beliefs onto anyone. I am only saying what I have grown up with.

In terms of coming out. It sounds like you are not mentally ready, I am not saying supress it and make excuses, don't do that. Remember you are only 16, you have your life ahead of you, to learn what you want out of life for yourself. I respect that you still want to please God, but at the end of the day, think about this way. When someone is born into the world, they don't ask to be anything. I am not talking just the gay thing, I mean people who are born with good or bad personality traits that cannot be changed and some people are born with things that they can't help with, that they will have to learn to how to overcome. So it doesn't let it cosume their life.

What I mean is, when you are ready to feel to tackle this. Do not supress your feelings, because your parents or God says so. Think about this way, if you still want to have beliefs for God, that God never makes mistakes. Not only your parents made you, but God made you, who you are. In terms of the actual coming out process, wait until you are fully established. By then, you will have your own life, a circle of friends or even maybe family members (If they understand), that will support you regardless, if you have a good or bad situation, when you come out to your parents.

So be young, be sixteen. You have plenty of time to think about that stuff later on. Don't feel like you need to rush, because everybody else is doing it, as I said. Do not supress yourself, in order to please everyone else either. A majority of people within the LGBT community has done that, I have done that myself. What you are feeling is normal for your age, regardless of your belief with God, so live in the moment, be yourself and don't hold back.