1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out????

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Belle the Bee, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Belle the Bee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    OK so my best friend happens to be my twin sister. I want her to be the first one I come out to because I think shed be hurt if she heard a rumor at school. The problem is I'm afraid she won't take it well. She hates one of our highschools only out lesbian (who I have a huge crush on) and when I even hint at being gay she quickly changes the subject. I don't think she's completely oblivious but I want to flat out tell her. Im probably over thinking this but its important to me. She's boy crazy in a way I cannot fathom. There's one guy in particular who she talks about a lot. He's in one of the classes we have together and after class she's always like "isn't James so hot? Did you see those arms? Don't you think he's so cute?" Etc. Do you guys think this would be a good segway in to " yeah he's alright but I'm gay?" Or is this a terrible idea? Any advice?
    (And sorry for unnecessary length)

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

just curious, are you identical or fraternal twins? either way, she must know you pretty well, if you've been together your whole lives. It is really hard to imagine that she doesn't suspect that you're gay. Maybe that's part of why she is so homophobic? anyway, I can imagine that not telling her first would make things worse. the best way to tell her, though, is to just say, "I'm gay!" Good luck! (&&&)

3. Belle the Bee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ok! Thanks for the advice! And we are fraternal - we don't look at all related

4. Wildside

Wildside Guest

well, fraternal definitely explains how one twin could be so homophobic when the other twin is gay. still, growing up together must have made the two of you really close. so hard! good luck.