1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does it get better?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Serph990, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Serph990

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you think there's hope in life for someone who is gay and demisexual? I'm just really wondering if there's any good, positivity, out there for someone in my disposition. I think it's a bit easier for most gay men because they throw themselves out there in the dating pool and get by with ease but it hasn't been easy for me since I have social anxiety, am introverted,and have a really hard time getting people to click with me on a deep emotional level. Being demisexual also kind of throws a huge wrench in my way of thinking because while everyone, most guys my age, is fixated on having sex and having casual fun,going on ****** or the clubs, I'm stuck on thoughts of romance and wanting to be intimate with a guy emotionally. In a lot of ways I feel like my pining for romance has caused me to skip several stages of being a "young" person, I mean I wish I could be like other guys and go to clubs and just let loose, have fun and just :***: around but I find myself wanting to go on romantic dates and emotionally invest my time with just on lovely guy. A lot of times I feel being a gay male who is also demisexual is such an isolating thing and I am convinced that it's going to be hard out there :/

2. vicky90

I am also having social anxiety and am an introvert and sensitive person and I can feel what you mentioned as thoughts of romance and wanting to be intimate with someone emotionally.. Although I am not demisexual and can get crush on some stranger easily, I am from India so ultimately it is still very difficult for me to find someone for love.

At this stage in life, there is no point to ponder over each and every problem but rather embrace our true selves. Over-thinking will only hurt us. Don't be afraid about the fear of future because of some present situation. By God's will and some efforts - even your personality may change, even you may find someone close. We don't know about future. Since at least I am with you, you are not alone. You will definitely find someone lovely to spend your life.

Also - nothing is easy in life. Everyone has problems. If it is hard, work hard, conquer the challenges, make it easy and claim your life.

The only thing that has kept me going is my faith in my self.
    So just be positive.. It gets better.

3. Serph990

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's so ironic that you replied to my post because I just last night read one of your comments on another thread and what you said, about learning to embrace oneself and growing is much more a priority now than obsessing about something like sexuality, definitely resonated with me and motivated me or at the very least it made me think for a bit so I thank you for that! Also in terms of this particular query I posted, I agree with you, I certainly can't dictate the future but it's something that just worries me :frowning2: I must add that even though I am demisexual, I fall for men all the time but then I guess off late I have been asking myself "do I really like the guy or am I merely liking who he represents, ie; that one true person I seek to fall in love with and have him like me back" so yeah, it is very hard but I thank you for your sentiments, it puts me at ease. Btw I'm Indian too so it's really comforting to know I'm not alone in more than one way!