1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

relationships

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Belle the Bee, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Belle the Bee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm just wondering how many of you knew you were gay (or whatever you are) without ever being in a gay relationship? Did you discover yourself through expirementing or did you just know?

2. whattodoii

in the back of my closet, with one friend :)
    I didn't really know, I'm still not 100% sure, but who is 100% sure about their sexuality? I've never had a relationship in general, so for sure not a gay relationship... I've never experimented either, like, with no one... but I just know what I feel, and that's how I know/knew, so yeah... how about you?

3. CrazyAwkward

I've never been in a gay or straight relationship. Or experimented with anyone at all. But I wouldn't say I just knew I was gay. Maybe deep down I did, but I went through a stretch of time where I was in denial/confused/talked myself in circles endlessly. But eventually I realized and accepted that I had no interest in ever being with a guy and could only see myself with a woman.

4. lyjo

I think I've always known. By always I mean after puberty, before that I was had no sexual attraction whatsoever (which is normal). I've also never been in a relationship, or experimented, but I only see myself with a woman.

5. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just knew. From a very young age I found other boys and men so much more attractive and it never changed.

I didn't need to date or experiment to know, it's always been there.

6. ANewDawn

I've never been in a relationship or done anything with a guy or girl. I was always attracted to girls, even if I was in denial and didn't know what that meant. And then I realized that while I used to wish for a relationship with a boy when I was younger, I didn't anymore. In fact, the idea was distinctly unappealing.

7. Tritri

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, I've never been in a relationship with a guy or (or should that be nor?) a girl. I just know that men are sexy.

8. guitar

I had feelings toward guys for a while and experimenting sealed the deal. If you try kissing, making out or going further and it feels right, it's a sign.

9. NewKid87

I've always known, even without being in a gay relationship. Even when I was scared/ashamed of it, my thoughts were always about guys.

10. Wildside

Wildside Guest

I guess the polite word would be "experimentation." There just came a point when I realized that it wasn't an experiment! :roflmao:

11. Lyana

I had a crush on a girl, recognised it as a crush, and knew, even without having kissed or dated a girl.
    By the time a girl kissed me, I was pretty sure... and if I'd had any doubts, they disappeared pretty quickly.

12. sophiab

sophiab Guest

I developed feelings for a girl at school and also just never felt attracted to guys like my other female friends were. I denied it at first and experimented with guys, which I felt super uncomfortable with, until I finally admitted to myself that I'm a lesbian and even though I've never had a girlfriend, I can't see myself with anyone else but a woman. I just know deep down!