1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning? Came out to best friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Vitamin, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Vitamin

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I have had the same best friend for 15 years. She identifies as queer-- and has mostly dated women for the past few years. I live in a different state from her and have a group of lesbian women with whom I've become close with. My sister came out about six years ago.

So... With all of these friends in the LGBT community, why amI so terrified and feeling so confused?! I have had crushes on women for years -- even since middle school-- but thought that couldn't be-- and over compensated by sleeping with a lot, a LOT of men. I have slowly realized my relationships have only been temporary affairs to quell sexual passions and have never been deeply emotional. I told my best friend and one lesbian so far and I feel good about saying it aloud, but I'm still saying -- "wait really, are you sure? What are you doing?, etc etc. I have never been with a woman, will I like it?" I guess my question to you all is-- does it ever get any easier? I feel like I'm in a weird grey fog. I don't want to have to explain myself to anyone and I have a weird recurring thought where I think people won't believe me or my lesbian friends will laugh at me. I just want to be comfortable and find love in my own way.

Help?
    Thank you xo :tears:

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

you don't have to explain yourself to anybody, and yes it does get easier. some people experience situations when they come out to someone where the person doesn't believe them. My thinking when that happens is that we came out to them, period. Whether or not they accept that, and how they deal with it is their problem. We can't make people think what we want them to think, and if they choose to be ignorant we can only hope that eventually they will connect the dots. the biggest thing is accepting ourselves, and for me it was that realization that I could never feel with a woman what I feel with a man. I tried, but it just didn't work. we all have different paths, but eventually we get to that point where we figure ourselves out. that is, until we get confused again! :lol: