1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

year goals & acceptance & twin sisters

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Belle the Bee, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Belle the Bee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Today is my 16th birthday. When I woke up today it seemed to click for the first time. I am gay. For the first time I truly 100% accepted it. I promised myself while laying in bed that in a year, on my 17 th bday, I would be out. This is the year I will tell my sister, my friends, my mom. Slowly but surely I will do it. I'm kinda excited right now, I want to tell my sister really badly, but at the same time I'm sickly nervous. We are fraternal twins and best friends, but she's kinda of unsettled by the whole gay thing. I think she suspects I'm gay and doesn't know what to think... I'm not concerned about coming out to my mom (she's a very accepting and kind woman who is a therapist) but I feel like should really tell my sis before anyone at school or home. Any advice??

2. vicky90

Happy Birthday and congratulations on coming out to the most important person of your life i.e. your self..

My birthday was 3 days back and I felt really happy with myself about turning 25 and finally I have left many troubles behind and how important the journey was for me..

Yes, ideally you should first talk to close and trusted people before opening to others. Exact order of each close person will not matter much in the long run. You can try different combinations based on expected situations in which you feel comfortable..

It is only about you who is coming out.

Since, you are twins and your mom is also expected to be fine with it - you may come out to your sis & mom together ! :slight_smile:

3. Wildside

Wildside Guest

Happy Birthday! You have a great year ahead. You know who you are, and you know what you will do. Butterflies are natural. Come up with a good plan, and then just do it.
    :goodluck: