1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It was the perfect time to come out...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by antibinary, Feb 7, 2015.

1. antibinary

My mum and he senior section members were discussing gay rights and saying how brave people who come out in year 9 are (because you get rid of all the idiots in 6th form) and I was feeling good and it was the perfect oppurtunity but... I didn't. I got scared, I don't know what of, but I didn't. Should I have?

2. Really

You can't look back. Just keep your eyes and ears peeled for the next chance and if it feels right...

3. Belle the Bee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've been in a similar situation. Everything was right but I chickened out. Next time I get the opportunity I'm just gonna to count to 3 and if the opportunity is still there, I'm gonna say it. I don't think this is actual advice though

4. Wildside

Wildside Guest

there will be other opportunities. and there may be more opportunities that you realize after the fact that it was a perfect time to come out, but didn't realize it at the time. it just means that you are ready, just looking for the right moment. it's like shooting at a moving target. one of these times, the timing will be right, you will realize it, and you will do it. all the stars will align just right, and you will feel spectacular. just keep those sensors tuned up and on high gain, and you'll be fine. :thumbsup:
    and then you'll be on EC telling us all how phenomenal it was! :icon_bigg

5. vicky90

Hey, don't worry. I personally feel, there is nothing like "perfect" time. It is never too late or too early.

In your case, you can still come out to her in future by stating this conversation which made your mind think deeply, feel scared and confused about whether you should come out etc.

Coming out is all about being authentic about yourself, you will be fine. !

6. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I backed out of loads of perfect opportunities to come out to my siblings. Eventually I did it by text (not a good way to do it). But they were great about it.

Don't be hard on yourself for being afraid, all of us were terrified when we came out to our closest!

Being out to a few people proves that you are a brave person!

#6 YermanTom, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  7. antibinary

Thanks people.