1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared of telling parents

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by love dont judge, Feb 8, 2015.

1. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay. So i told my class that im transgender. Theyve taken to it well enough. Im ready to tell my parents, but im scared of disapointing them. They are fine with my sexuality, but i still have this persistent fear that they would feel as though they are losing something, even though i know logically that they would be proud to have a daughter like me. I guess what i really need is some help on getting over this fear. I already wrote them a letter when i came out the first time so id really like to tell them in person this time.Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Lesbianlove21

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay, hi there. Heres abit of advice. I assume your MTF? That's the tough thing if your that, the father looses his son, the masculine. if your FTM, the mother looses the daughter she loves so much.

ITs a lose/lose thing even if they are accepting, in their hearts they were not prepared for this.

But the best advice is to be honest, but incase it DOES go awry.. which it can. Make sure you have a friend to stay with, or other family members. I pray the best for your situation, and may you have a wonderful coming out :slight_smile:

3. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yea. Im MtF. I dont think dad will mind much cause ive never been the masculine type. Mostly stay inside and read and walk by myself. I do have friends i could stay with. Thanks