1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any funny ways to come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BeserKK, Feb 9, 2015.

1. BeserKK

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi :slight_smile:

So I'm considering coming out to my family. My parents are pretty conservative and the whole thing could really fail. Fortunately I don't live at home so can escape pretty well. Anyway, my family usually sit down to dinner every night and I'm joining them in a couple of weeks. They're serious types with a lot of stress in their lives and the last thing I want to do is add to it. I want to show them that even though I'm not 100% ok with who I am, I am more ok with who I am than I ever have been (if that makes sense).

If the whole thing turns horribly awkward, I'd really like to make a funny story out of it. I'd like to tell them in a light hearted way. The first time I told a friend she thought I had a serious illness. I don't want a repeat of that.

Do you have any tips or funny stories to turn coming out in to a light-hearted thing (even if they don't respond to it too well)?

THANK YOU!

P.S. I can play some instruments so I was thinking maybe in song. Any lyrical geniuses out there who want to help?

2. Rosie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people