1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it too soon to come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Belle the Bee, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Belle the Bee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm 16 and have been feeling hella gay for about 6 months. I've been pushing down feeling for a few years and, like I said, 6months ago pin pointed my feelings. I'm 90% sure I am a lesbian even though I've never been in a relationship with a male or female. Lately I've really accepted the fact and feel like coming out to my sister and a friend or two. But I'm kinda doubting myself. What if I waste all these nerves on coming out, only to find myself in a relationship with a man a year or two down the road? Not only will I feel like I wasted my time, but people might think I'm a lyer. Am I jumping to conclusions? Is there such a thing as coming out too soon or am I just over thinking this?

2. Cam7125

Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey there! First off, take a nice deep breath. In, out. Good!
    Now, it's really great that you're figuring out your feelings at a younger age. I didn't accept myself until age 18 last year. You seem pretty confident that you are attracted to women. If you feel so strongly about that, it's highly unlikely that you'll not be attracted to women later on in life. My advice to you is maybe tell a friend or someone you trust that you are attracted to women. No need to put a label on it just yet. You could be a lesbian, bi, bi romantic, or any number of other things that you'll figure out in time. But since you know you are attracted to women, that's what you should say when you come out. Best of luck in figuring things out. I hope everything goes well!