1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why can't I come out to my mom???

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Belle the Bee, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Belle the Bee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My mom is the best person I know. Kind, giving, supportive and accepting. Exactly the kind of person you'd want to come out to. But I just can't do it. I almost positive she knows I'm gay, but I don't have the courage to directly tell her. And she's giving me chances too. She'll tell me she has an excelent gaydar, she'll say she likes how I write my stories so you can't tell if its a boy or a girl. When talking about relationships with my sister and me, she'll make a point to say guy or girl. The otherday she showed me a picture of Ruby Rose and Phoebe Dahl just because she knows I love them. I've been given so many chances but I just can't do it. And I really really want to. But I can't and its driving me crazy! Any advice????

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

well, the suggestion is often made here to let her know in writing. A letter can be a great way to put down just the essential part, and to let her know how much you love her. It sound like it will result in a big hug and a lot of support. good luck!

3. Emmanuella

Sounds like you have an amazing mum!! I understand how it is just hard to come out regardless. I am the same way, even with people who I know will be 150% accepting.

It's just an awkward conversation to start/have. Then there is the worry that they'll "look at you differently" somehow.... not better or worse, just differently.
    I'm sure your mum will understand that you'll come out when you are feeling ready.
    Side note; a fun way to come out is by talking about a specific crush you've had/have. It just says it without you having to say "by the way I'm gay/bi/whatever"

4. whww123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Honey, that's so sweet. You have a very caring and loving mother. :slight_smile:
    Just calm your nerves down and prepare yourself for it.
    Say it in the mirror. Don't just say it: mean it. This is who you are.
    Disclaimer: please do it when you're ready, don't force yourself to do it.
    You're very lucky to have a supporting parent in the picture! :slight_smile:
    Good luck! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

5. doinitagain

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm with whww123 on this!!

There's no hurry, you'll know when the time is right, and you know that your mum will be fine with it.