1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to know if you are bi or lesbian?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by WhoEvenKnows12, Feb 14, 2015.

1. WhoEvenKnows12

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello!

So I'm a 15 year old girl living in NYC. I am a person who is not super into labels, so I just kinda go with it. But recently, I've been questioning my sexuality. I'm like 90% sure it's just hormones, but I'm just kind of curious about where I fall.

I've always loved guys. I love guys, I love holding their hands, I love kissing them. I love guys. But recently, I had my heart broken after becoming sexually active with a 17 year old so I've been kind of weary about dating. But I've recently liked two guys, however, I'm questioning whether or not I'm lesbian. I had a crush on this girl in my dance class for a bit, but nothing ever came of that. I put on both male and female preferences on ****** and I talked to a girl for a bit, but I mostly saw her as a friend and when she started calling me cute and stuff, it made me feel weird- not good weird, like "What Am I Doing?" weird. Whenever I see girls, I'm not attracted to them if I see them in a bikini or in workout wear or whatnot. For instance, if some girl is in super good shape, I'm like "Huh, good for her" not "I want to make out with her" I guess the idea of a girl in bed isn't revolting, but the idea of dating a girl kinda weirds me out. I can't see myself holding a girls hand or dating her or anything like that. I've been friends with girls my entire life and I've never had a crush on any of them, if anything I've admired them for being pretty.

Recently, my friend (who is openly bi, but dating a guy) said while we were watching a movie in my basement that "if she weren't dating Sean, she would totally put the moves on me right now" It made me feel... uncomfortable. She's one of my best friends, but I'm not attracted to her.

I know sexuality isn't black and white and that there are infinite shades of gray, but I'm kind of confused and I'm seeing what everyone else thinks of this.

Thanks!

---------- Post added 14th Feb 2015 at 01:21 PM ----------

Whoa, it blocked out the dating app I use! T*nder**

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look here:
    Am I Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, or Transgender?

There is sexual and romantic attraction... and some people need an emotional connection first...

I'd say take the time you need...

And you might think about simply being open...

hugs

3. Belle the Bee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It sounds to me as if you are straight or bi.
    I'm 16, so close to your age, and kinda enjoy guys as far as holding hands and kissing, but the idea of sex with a guy is not at all appealing, and basically repulsive for me.
    I find girls super attractive and I'm not at all uncomfortable with that fact. You being uncomfortable with what your bi friend said is pretty normal I think. It definitely doesn't mean your straight because that made you uncomfortable. If one of my best girl friends said that I'd be uncomfortable too.
    And its normal not to want to be with a guy after a breakup. It takes time especially if he was one of your first serious guys.
    So I'd say be open-minded about dating but don't feel like you have to do anything. And it sounds like your not a lesbian, but just do what feels right.