1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm sick of this

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by theskyiseverywhere, Feb 14, 2015.

1. theskyiseverywhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't know if I can deal anymore.

Part my family is being awful and judgmental. I feel so pressured to come out, like it's on the tip of my tongue, but i'm not ready yet... my plan is to come out at the beginning of next school year, and I can't wait for that date but I'm also dreading it.

I just wish I could live in a world where people do not judge one another.

Most of my family besides my parents and sisters will hate me... They are funny people and very nice, but they are going to reject me... I'm so sick of being in the closet, but the date when my family will ridicule me looms over me.

I just needed to type my feelings out... Just somebody please message me so we can talk.

2. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I find that its better to keep my family in the dark and just let a few friends know. Don't feel obligated to tell your family about it if you think they will react adversely.

3. theskyiseverywhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My immediate family, for the most part, will be fine with it (except for maybe my dad and possibly 1 sister) but my other family won't be :/

4. MrSkittles

You don't need to feel pressured to come out. Come out to people when you think the time is right and when you are ready.

5. gasian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hopefully, once you say you're gay, your extended family will accept you for who you are. You can't change what they think, plain and simple. You CAN, however, change how you think about them. If they hate on gays, then their loss for hating on a wonderful human being like you.

Only come out when you are ready. It's your choice. Nobody can dig into your mind and say "you're going to tell me that you're gay." You, and you alone have the power to come out, always remember that.

(*hug*) stay strong.

6. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My immediate family was fine with it but to be honest I don't know how my extended family would be but honestly I don't care. My dads side of the family will probably be fine with it. However I can't say that about everyone on my moms side. But I don't care I haven't seem most people on my moms side in about 3 years.

7. Davidg

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If they have a problem with you they really aren't worth your time. I agree you can come out and only tell the people you feel need to know. They rest of your family will find out in good time and the idea will percutaneous in their heads and eventually they'll get over it to. When you get a bf then that's when everyone will just know.