1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out.... to my girlfriend!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Difficult, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Difficult

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Okay so some advice from you amazing people would be appreciated... I hope this is the right forum.

I am in a relationship with the woman of my dreams but I need to tell her something.... that I am bI curious.

So I have never gone "all the way" with another male, just touching and oral etc, but I fantasise about it a bit. Although we have a very healthy and enjoyable sex life together and are very open about pretty much everything, this is one exception. I feel that if we are to continue to grow together I should tell her about this side of me. I guess I am worried a fair bit about her reaction and the possible consequences, even though she really has given me no reason to be.

Any advice on how to go about discussing it with her would be appreciated. I want to be 100% honest but this is something I do not know how to approach.

Thank you in advance.

2. Kami

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I found open communication to be a great thing in any relationship. (*hug*) I hope the best for you :slight_smile:

3. Jessica79

Sit her down make her feel comfortable get her something she likes E.G favourite food and discuss it all I can really say is if she loves you she will understand :slight_smile: good luck.

4. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That sounds really hard! Is she generally open about LGBTQ topics? Has it ever come up before? Sometimes just waiting for the "right moment" can be helpful .. e.g., a discussion about sex and then mentioning it in that context.

5. Difficult

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah she is open about all things. Happy to discuss pretty much everything so far in our relationship. She is aware that before we got together I had an experience (oral and touching) with another man, that took months to tell her, butI have never said anything else about it.

Thanks for the advice all of you.

6. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You are most welcome! Good luck. I hope it all goes well.

7. monome

I guess she must be probably aware already that you are bi-curious, so this should not be a big deal for her.

I think that a different thing comes to play in this coming-out. Maybe what is interresting and important for her at this point will not be if you are (still?) bi-curious but if your curiosity develops into something stronger that will lead you to act on it, ie, want to quit her for a male or try some sort of open relationship because of that. I surely don't know your girlfriend as You know her, but I guess If I was her, that would surely be on my mind.

:icon_wink

8. Omla

Woman of your dreams... Tough...

Good luck