1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lonly

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dudethere, Nov 5, 2008.

1. dudethere

I am 13 and my parents and pritty much everyone knows im gay but im alone! I'm from Canada and well I dont know any other gays... and I realy need to date someone becuase im getting to the point where im considering going back into the closet to date weomen (even though there is NO atraction). My reason for this is that I have been looking and so far nothing so pleas ehelp me out I need some copping advice please help ty :grin:

2. sdc91

Don't worry, you're only 13. There aren't going to be that many out gay kids for the next few years.

Do you NEED to date? If I were you, I'd focus on more important things... all dating is good for in middle school is heartbreak.

3. Why do you so desperately need to date? If you're lonely, get friends. Besides, dating girls when you know you're not attracted to them is cruel.

4. I agree with sdc91 and drizzt. you are young and have so much to look towards (school, hobbies, whatev) but dating for the sake of dating just ends up hurting people. and confusing if pretty much everyone knows you're gay. there should be support groups as you get older .or even now, look for a gsa. not sure how they work in canada but in the US they can start in high school (aka year 10 i believe). see if there is one near you

metta

5. Louise

Sounds to me like you need someone special in your life, someone to belong to and cuddle up to. Have you tried looking for your local Pflag chapter, they will know of a local gay youth group that you could join.

Going back in the closet is just setting yourself up for heart ache, you cannot be what you are not and it isn't fair to the girls you date either.

If there isn't a gay youth group near you then, for the time being, you need to take up a hobby. Think of something you enjoy doing and join a club, this will get you out and about meeting like minded people and doing something you enjoy which will take your mind off your lonelyness.

6. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Your toooo young to worry, when I was 13 I didnt even worry about anything, your growing up too fast :]

7. Jim1454

You're 13! You wouldn't be dating 'women' - you'd be dating girls.

I might be totally out of the loop here due to my 'old age' but I don't think it's necessary for you to be dating anyone right now. Why do you think you should? I didn't date anyone seriously until I was in my early 20s. And while I sometimes felt lonely, it didn't kill me.

Focus on school and friends and hobbies and sports - or whatever else you want to do. Having a bf shouldn't be the most important thing right now. Feeling good about YOURSELF should always be the most important thing.

8. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! As the others have said, you are only 13! If possible, don't worry about dating at this point. You have your whole life ahead of you for dating. Try telling yourself that 'the need to have a boyfriend at this point is not an important thing in my life.' Going back in the closet just because you don't have a boyfriend is not the best way to go about it. You have accepted who you are. Dating girls just so that you can date would not be fair on the girl nor on you. You could be setting up yourself for an emotional roller coaster ride. Why do you want to get yourself into that kind of a situation?

If you feel lonely try to join an activity in your school. Maybe it is also just a matter of making some new friends. Get to know some new people, or spend more time with the friends that you do have. Make it a point to meet with your friends and try having some fun. If you can, try joining a local LGBT youth group as well.

You mentioned that you live in Canada. If you need some help in locating or even contacting one, pm me and I will try helping you to find a group.

9. thugbuster245

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey there. I pretty much agree with what the others are telling you. Take your time. You're only 13, and your primary focus should be school, friends, and just being a kid. Don't go back in the closet; that would be disasterous! Like Asteroid said, you have accepted who you are and going back in the closet would not be fair to you or the girl that you'd be dating. Also, by staying out and true to who you are, you may help someone else. I'm sure that there are other struggling gay or questioning kids at your school that have not come to terms with their sexuality yet, and by you being out, they might secretly look up to you and end up befriending you. They might be looking for a bf too but are too afraid to come out. Once they get comfortable enough with you as their friend, and they know that they can trust you wholeheartedly, they might be candid with you and tell you about themselves. Keep your head up pal, and good luck to you! :thumbsup:

10. thespanishheart

13 is pretty young for you to be lonesome.

First, I wouldn't support "going back into the closet", especially when you really don't have the attraction to the girl you're about to date. That's misleading and won't benefit anyone.

I agree with what's been said above --- you need someone to cuddle up to. At least, that's what it seems like.

So why are you lonely? Do you socialize at all?

If you're going to be around girls, they should know that you're gay. Not sure how things are up where you are, but down here, most girls/women LIKE gay men and have excellent relationships with them. You could certainly have a great relationship with girls in the same way!