1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need some advice...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by randomly me, Feb 16, 2015.

1. randomly me

randomly me Guest

So... my parents have a talk with my therapist Wednesday in one week (I'm there for another thing)and she knows about my gender problems.the point is maybe my parents want to talk about it with someone else so it would be ideal if i came out before then.problem is:I'm not really a talking person and have problems starting a conversation (and this is something really important so i might never work up the courage to actually talk to them).so i was thinking about asking my therapist to do it for me but i decided against it because it would be even worse waiting for my parents to get home KNOWING.also my mother would want to talk and that would be torture (she would want too if i came out myself so yeah..). My parents are really accepting and my father in a way already knows but they're kinda dominant and i'd hate the "you know we accept you"talks because i already know and it would simply be awkward for all of us.plus i have no room for some privacy since i share a room with my two brothers (and i don't even wanna think about having to come out to them someday)and therefore no locks or anything like that and everyone i could sleepover at is currently in another country and will be for the rest of the year.but i really HAVE to come out cause i just can't stand the misgendering anymore....:help::help::help:

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You could make this as easy as possible on you. Which is your right, since its not really easy.

You have a few options:
    -you might come out in a letter, and talk with them about it later, after they have read it.

-you might tell them

- you might tell them in the presence of your therapist, where your therapist might support, and maybe explain a few things. You could have a really open talk afterwards, where they might really understand, rather than being just accepting.

Concerning your parents, you might try to be a bit more open, and talk to them about your feelings. Just honest talks. It might be they are not used to it first, and open up a bit later.

Since there is not much privacy your parents might tell the others...

You might tell that your gender is only part of you, that you will still be the same and that you will be like your male/female twin...
    and you might describe your disphoria...

Some people use a letter.
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/coming-out-advice/165521-trans-coming-out-letter-draft.html

Another possibility would be a small list of things you want to say... instead of a letter...

Have a bit of self confidence. Just be yourself. You are ok as you are.
    And talk a bit. Its completely ok to state ones emotions and needs.

hugs