1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hoping, May 20, 2007.

1. hoping

my family from when i was born had ideas of me marrying a woman and having kids and since i was 5 i realised i was gay and i dont know how to tell them that im gay and smash all their dreams. i mean i love being gay its just hard knowing what to do. so has anyone got an advice

2. Jim1454

Hi! Welcome to EC! If you've done much reading in this forum, I think most people have the hardest time telling their parents compared to anyone else...

Culture I guess can come into play too - maybe if you share a little more about yourself there will be others that can relate more closely to your specific situation.

Looking forward to seeing lots of other posts from you!

3. SadConfusedBandGeek

Ya i feel the same way, i dont want to mess up a part of their future because of how i feel...but i dont know wut to do, hope we both find an answer

4. TeeBe

*Nodds* I can't bring myself to rob my mom of grandkids...On the otherhand, there are lots of alternatives to having your own, if you so chose.

5. Jim1454

In that regard, I'm very lucky to have my own beautiful little girls. So there are benefits to determining that you're something other than straight later in life...

6. hoping

i dont see how they cant see im gay for example i dress better than most people in my family and ive had more than a few girls come after me but i never showed any interest and im doing interior design and how many str8 male designers do u see but i guess they think since im so str8 acting that i couldnt b gay. my mum asked me a while ago if i thought i was gay i said '' yeah'' and she said '' no ur not'' . so maybe deep inside she knows but she is in very deep denile. i know that i will lose alot of family and friends cause they are very closed and arcaic in their beliefs and its not just cause some are religious cause most of them arent they just dont like us

7. Well maybe you have the answer right there. They possibly know, but like you said they're denying it. Plus (I hate to be cliche) if you lose friends, they werent really your friends in the first place.

8. hoping

maybe u could help me with another problem iam 18 and i really like this guy but hes 28 do u like this could b a problem

9. Well to me, that's quite an age gap. But since you are both adults it could be workable.

10. hoping

do u have any advice on how to deal with my parents when they find out his age

11. Alywishous

have them meet him and then tell them his age. Might b easier.

12. Yes, that might ameliorate it. And you could also reassure them that you are an adult and you can handle it.

13. hoping

Ill Do That Thanks