1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tired, i guess

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by littlesami, Feb 16, 2015.

1. littlesami

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi, it's me again.
    I never posted here, even if it was the main reason why i came here in the first place. I just think that's i'm scared. Maybe. Anyway, the thing is that i've never been girly. Never ever since i can dress up on my own. I have boobs, so people see that i'm a girl, but it's not me.
    I can't have a binder for now, and i bought men's underwear, which is cool, but i can't really put it on, since my mom doesn't know.
    Sometimes, when i look at myself in the mirror, i'm like "how can she still think i'm a girl?" I don't know. She's annoying me those days with shaving my legs (i have a lot of body hair) and i don't, i really don't. So i feel like i should tell her. But she does those comments, about some boys in my class, with like long hair and all, and she's like "what's wrong with them?" So i'm affraid that if i tell her, she'll throw me out. I'm scared of being kicked out of my house.
    What's really getting on my nerves lately is my name. I don't like being called like that anymore. Myriam feels like it's not me. I want to her that i'm Sam, that Myriam is dead or something. But i can't bring myself to it..
    Also, i should tell my brother, cause he does know my mom better, but what if he doesn't accept either? I hope he's open minded, but i'm not 100% sure.
    I came out to my main friends, and they are all great about it, but it's not the same generation, and i'm tired of hiding, even if i just know for 3 or 4 months....
    Also, it seems like it's never the right time. In a few days, we're going to be on holidays, so i think i should wait, and there are always excuses. But i'd like to come out before the summer time. Really...
    I have no idea how to tell her... Anyone having ideas?
    Thanks for reading, anyway

#1 littlesami, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You could have a look at this:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/coming-out-advice/168164-just-need-some-simple-advice.html#6

Some dads might be a bit more accepting, because they might kind of win someone they can talk to and do things with concerning manly stuff. You might tell you're more interested in that.
    You might say you don't like this girly stuff, its just not who you are. There is no use in trying, and its not their fault.

Or you might say you want some counseling, for gender issues, or emotional issues... and pick someone who has, amongst others, gender on their list...
    they could help you through the process... and for your parents it might be a reassurance...

Just calm down... do some things you like, keep yourself motivated... (*hug*) (&&&)

How are your parents opinions on lgbt issues ?

Imo she is just a bit strict on gender roles. You might tell that its not the 60s any more... gender roles get more and more obliterated, people are becoming more and more versatile... it doesn't hurt anyone if they feel this way...

I'm scared of being kicked out of my house.
    Well but this seems unlikely... she probably loves you...
    and you might tell her that you love her...

I'd say just calm down... think a bit about it... (*hug*)

#2 jay777, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015