1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my best friend. I'm really anxious. Any advice?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by skylarNY, Feb 16, 2015.

1. skylarNY

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So, I feel like it's about time I came out as trans to my best friend. I have a feeling she might already know, but I obviously have to tell her anyway. I'm just scared about so many things.

She's been my best friend since 8th grade, so about 3 or 4 years now. I think she would accept me, but I'm scared that I wont be her best friend anymore if she know I really feel like a guy, even though one of her other best friends is a cis male. I know that's crazy. I just dont want to ruin our friendship or ruin how she thinks of me. I know she loves me, but I'm just nervous that she wont like me as much seeing me as a guy. But I have to come out to her. I'm ready for her to know, I'm just anxious about the outcome. She'll most likely be okay with it, she's a very accepting person, but my brain keeps thinking of the worst case scenerio.

I'm going to tell her, the above was mostly venting, but I just need some advice. I have no idea how to even start a conversation like that. And how do I tell her that I'm trans? I'm not sure how to put it into words. If anyone had any advice, I could really use it right now..
    Thanks.

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You said she is very accepting, so probably everything will be fine :slight_smile:

You could start a conversation about rights, like "Hey, i saw on TV something about trans people, that [...] what do you think about that?". Conversation started, you could casually come out after she answers "About this subject, did you know i'm trans/i need to tell you something about this".

Or, you could just say it. Invite her to eat something out, for example, and when you are both alone, tell her.

In any way, good luck. Keep us updated! (*hug*)

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  4. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people