1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Husband or wife

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Isaac, May 20, 2007.

1. Isaac

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know just a moment ago i posted omethig serious but know i have a different question. This is sort of steryotypes, but we all kind of know deep down inside even if you were not to marry, but when you get into a relationship, do you see yourself as being he Husband or wife. Now i don't mean you have to be all flamboyant, and all teh steryotypes to be the wife, but i'll tell you mine.

I could see myself as being thw wife. I would rather marry or get into a relationship with somebody who appears to be more masculine/straight. I could see my self as being the 'wife' becasue as the steryotype goes, i would need the husband to take care of me. Not to insult women or to say they can't, but steryotypically, the/my 'husband' could fix the car, be the handyman to fix things, finance most of the money, and i wouldn't mind you know cooking, and takecare of the house, but NOT to be a housewife. Obviously i know these aresteryotypes, but we all see our selves, either flamboyant or not, as eitehr the one who takes care of or the onewho is taken care of.
    So, who are you?

2. TeeBe

Hmmm...the way I look at it, if I wanted a husband, I'd be straight :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Jokes. I know what you mean. Regardless, I would probabily play...I thought I knew, but now I am finding myself kind of in the middle. Realistically, I'd probabily be husband, but I would still like someone who would be up for drywalling a basement, or fixing a car. Things that are "chores" can actually be fun when you do them together (like cooking hehe...)

3. Jim1454

Seeing as how I've already done it for 9 years, I'd say I'd likely be 'the husband'. I've been the provider, and responsible for the 'guy' things like the cars and the yard and stuff. I'm useless in the kitchen, and dislike shopping...

4. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mmmm... I suppose I'd be the "husband". I'm useless in the kitchen and dislike shopping too. However, my ideal man is physically bigger than I am so... I don't know.

5. Daniel6

I think I'd be a wife. I always imagine im a bottom:icon_redf though I have never had sex . I think I will do everything I can to satisfy my partner.
    However, I don't know how to cook nor fix things and I hate shopping the most

6. amanda

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This is funny since i am a woman, i am very much attracted to feminine women, which is why i think i may have a hard time finding a partner in the future, cause how can you tell a woman is a lesbian if she acts straight???
    I think i would be the Husband because i like to be a provider, i have 2 children and seem to not be interested in the household aspects of parenting. I hate dishes, laundry, cleaning, but i love to work and make money and figure out budget and stuff.
    Although i am not good at doing oil changes, I am willing to do that more than the dishes.
    LOL.
    Amanda

7. Hmm...I don't know either. Being the type of person I am, the person i would be married to would be virtually useless since I come from a family where "It's not done right until you do it yourself" so I would try to to everything even though that's pretty unrealistic hehehe. But thats just me.

8. GuitarGirl1350

Husband. I'm definitly more dominant than most girls out there, but I also love romance. I could tolerate being the wife, but I'm probably going to end up the husband. I love feeling protective and fighting for who/what I love.

9. tired_of_lying411

I think I would be a good mix of both (and will be looking for the same in a guy). I want someone who can hold me and tell me everything's going to be all right, but I'm definitely the type of guy who could do the same in return...

10. xxAngelOnFirexx

I think that I would be the husband. I always feel that in a relationship I am the boyfriend and she is the girlfriend. I'm more protective and sensual. I cook, but growing up in a family where dad always cooked the dinners (well mom did too) i see it as any spouse could do it. But i've always been a tom-boy kinda girl. I do act like the guy in a relationship.

11. BILL9854

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hmm I think I'm a bit of both really.
    My wife side likes cooking and I'm naturally attracted to slightly more masculine men, but my husband side enjoys DIY and likes cold beers :slight_smile:
    Of course as you said this whole thing is based on huge sterotypes, but it's interesting all the same :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. SpikySpice

I think I want to be husband, I mean, I can be a wife, but I wnat to be the husband. I like to be the one who protect my bf, to convince, comfort him, and to protect him from bad things, or sometimes danger. I think a husband always take the control, and I dont want to be controlled, so I definitely see myself as a husband, eventhough sometimes I'm kinda weak.

13. SadConfusedBandGeek

haha , since i like guys i am attracted to masculinity (like someone said cept the opposite) And i jsut want someone to take care of me haha not saying that women dont take care of people. But u see my point. Plus i would have to say i am a bit more "delicate" than most lol.

14. aprilblue426

hm. i think im a bit of both, but it's leaning more towards "the husband" side of things. i HATE cooking. and shopping. and basically anything on your stereotypical list of "girly" things.

15. tinkerbell

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    We're going to be a double-income, no-kids couple (but we'll have a Samoyed, a pug, two strongly-bonded ferrets and maybe a Rottweiler-Doberman mix....shut up....I like furry animals who will protect me). I'd have to say I'd be the husband based on the married-gender perceptions my parents have given me--my dad is the strong, silent, hard-worker type who loves his family and provides a lot for them, and my mom is the outgoing hard-worker type who loves her family and provides the rest for them. I aspire to be like my dad, so yeah...husband. And I'm really dominant anyway. Both my parents, though, cook, clean and shop as well as drive the car to the shop when needed and I don't mind doing those things. My wife won't either.

16. Alywishous

I have no idea how to do the quote things. aprilblue426 -i HATE cooking. and shopping. and basically anything on your stereotypical list of "girly" things.
    So no mascara : P

17. Steam Giant

I think I see myself fulfilling the "wife" role. I like to clean and care for the home in general, and am also more of the supportive type. I'd much rather cook a meal for my family than fix a car, build a deck, etc. I'm also kind of a pushover, heh...as Kingofmen said, I'd definately be a bottom ^^

18. EthanS

EthanS Guest

I like cooking.. but then like fighting... so mostly da husband