1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need to come out to have a relationship with a guy??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by aussielefty, Feb 20, 2015.

1. aussielefty

I think I'm ready for a relationship with a guy...

I always thought I was bi, but the last couple of years I have totally gone off women..
    more and more thinking about guys...
    Although I will masturbate to women sometimes...but find it harder to cum thinking about them..
    its just that I'm not sure as I have never been in love,
    never had any one actually stay a night with me...
    always lived on my own ,and I kind of would like some company..
    not only for bedroom fun.. but just either to watch tv together, travel etc

for those that are in a relationship, do you go and do your own things, ie
    play computer games while the other watches tv for example???

I have thought about coming out to either my brother inlaw first , who I get on well with
    or my best friend , we used to go to church together , a few years ago....

just not sure about that bit., but do I need to come out to have a relationship with a guy????
    can I test the water so to speak???
    can you be out with out having the whole world know, not sure about how it would be in my town if out..
    not that I'm famous or any thing...

thanks

2. JooBooGoo

Hi!
    I would say you don't need to necessarily need to announce to the entire world that you are gay/bi just to casually go out with guys. That said, depending on whether or not your family is LGBT friendly, you might want to plan on coming out to them first if you plan on getting into serious relationships with guys. And also yes you and your partner can do their own things while maintaining a good, stable relationship, it all really depends on you and your partner (like how often you see each other, how well you get along, etc). And I have personally had a bad experience, where I came out to a friend and they turned around and just let the information loose, so I would be careful to make sure you can trust the person you are coming out to that they don't misuse this extremely personal information. But I would not worry if you are coming out to a close friend/relative and you make them promise to keep your sexuality discreet from others.