1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help <3

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Riki, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Riki

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello! I'm 15 years old and gay. I have known this my whole life. Recently (2 days ago) I told my 2 straight best friends that I was gay. They were 100% supportive, and told me nothing has changed. One of the reasons I told them this is because, the secret was eating me up. It annoys be at school when my friends ask "Do you think this girl is hot?" Then of corse I have to lie! It makes me depressed at school. But, as soon as I told them I instantly felt a 1,000,000 times better.

But, now I have this problem at home. I'm just dieing to tell my parents! I just don't know how thought. I also know for a fact that they will be completely supportive. I just constantly feel down at home, having to fake everything I say. Also my parents are pretty much dropping hints now. They will say something like "Sooo do you fancy any girls?" I'm just like "No" so then they will say "what about any boys?" and "what ever floats your boat" and "as long as your happy"

So yer I just don't know.... Do you guys think I should them or wait till I'm older? It's just that people say the younger you come out the better (what I've read online) So any help would be appreciated thanks! ��:kiss:

#1 Riki, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  2. Rainbows~Exist

Go for it. :slight_smile:

If you feel like that's what you want to do then go ahead. Clearly your parents will be supportive and there won't be any problems if you come out so what's holding you back? I say do it and good luck!!!

3. Riki

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks so much for the reply! I definitely think I should, I just need to get the balls to do it

4. sav

sav

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If your parents will support you, I think you should definitely tell them. I know it will feel like a massive burden has been lifted off of your shoulders and you deserve to be happy and live life in a way that is true to you.

I'm not out to my mum yet, but I know when that happens I'll be a much happier person. I'm a good 8 years older than you and my advice is: don't make the mistakes I have. I've lived in fear for such a long time about coming out and it grinds you down and can make life unbearable. Be who you are meant to be, and if your parents are as supportive as you say they are, there's nothing stopping you from living a free and happy life.

Find happiness :slight_smile:

5. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If they are asking "what about any boys?" I think they will be cool about it and will be supportive.
    How to tell them? I have heard of a friend that came out by introducing the boyfriend. There are loads of ways of doing it from sending a letter to the "sit down and chat" or casually dropping it in conversation.
    Do it in a way and place that you feel comfortable.
    P.S. Not when your parent is driving, it might cause a crash!

6. Riki

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for the advice! And I wish you luck on telling your mum <3

---------- Post added 22nd Feb 2015 at 04:29 PM ----------

Ty for the tips! Yeah I also think they will be supportive. Now it's just the case of growing the balls to do it

7. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, you grew the balls to tell your friends! Well done you.
    Parents sound like they will b very supportive? Its sort of trickier telling parents but it will probably be a whole world better once you have. But in your own time and when you ware ready.

I think in a few months, when you have told the important people, you will be rocking !!!

8. Riki

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Awww thank you so much! And yes in my own time I will DO THIS!

9. mk86

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dude im not completely out yet.. Like only to 1%of ppl I know and im 28...but based on what you've said I'd say you Should definitely go for it... Clearly your parents will be fine with it.. Im actually a lil jealous of your situation.... Dont do it before your ready obviously but in terms of your environment I'd say everything is right.. Good luck though man.. Hope it goes well for u :slight_smile:

10. Riki

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks so much for the advice!

11. Wildside

Wildside Guest

you have a couple of the most supportive parents in the world. you're really lucky. they're giving you the opening. just tell them, and then enjoy life!

12. Riki

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for the reply! Ik I'm really lucky :icon_bigg

13. guitar

I'm of 2 minds on this: On the one hand, perhaps you should. It will be a huge weight off your shoulders and your parents seem supportive. It will likely be good for your mental health & you'll no longer have to live a lie.
    On the other, I couldn't imagine coming out in highschool. You might have to deal with some potential bully situations or ostracism. If your folks aren't supportive it could cause problems in your house, as you're not an adult & not independent yet. But then again, times have changed a lot since I got out of highschool a decade ago.
    Best of luck with whatever you decide!

14. Riki

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's a good point :/ people at me school are dicks. But, your right I might just wait a bit longer. Ty for the reply!

15. Sam I Am

If it's a matter of working up the courage to talk to your parents, then maybe ask your best friend for help?

If it wouldn't feel too awkward, you could practice roleplaying the conversation with your friend, with your friend taking the role of your mom/dad. Or, you could just ask your friend to come along for support when you talk to your parents.

Your folks sound like they love you no matter what! Good luck, and I hope it goes well. (*hug*)

16. Riki

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for the reply! Also good idea.

17. KingJude

I'd definitely tell them. They seem supportive, and so I think they'd be absolutely fine. You were brave to tell your friends though. And it's great they've been supportive of you! Well done! (*hug*)

18. Riki

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks so much! Yeah I'm glad they were supportive aswell <3

19. Riki

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Good news I told my parents! OMG my life is compete(!) thanks for all the help!!

20. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    WOW - WELL doNE
    how did it go??!! what was the discussion like?? (*hug*)