1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transphobic and homophobic mom and step dad

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by cloudcity, Feb 24, 2015.

1. cloudcity

cloudcity Guest

Hey I'm Alex, Quinn, or Avery (undecided) and I'm a trans guy. I'm not really afraid to come out to any other family members other than my mom and step dad. The two are constantly ridiculing the LGBTQ community, and frankly, I'm sick of it. I know that they won't accept me because of what they say. One day, I asked my mom if I could start going to a club called GSA and apparently, she knew it stands for the gay straight alliance. She goes," I don't want you around those people." Then later that night, she was talking to my step dad and said," Todd, if I have two of them (my sister's a lesbian) I'm gonna kill myself." To which Todd responds with," I know that Grace isn't that disgusting." Since I'm not a lesbian, I don't really have to worry. But a few days ago she said,"Grace only wants to be looked of and thought of as a boy. Fucking trans. Dyke." But now I'm looking for the right time to tell her because I was preparing to tell her the following day, but now I can't. I'm ready to tell them but I'm afraid that I'll get kicked out because I'm only 16. Also, are there any good ways to come out not face to face? Cause I would probably pee myself if I had to say it to them in person.

2. weird question

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    This isnt my area of experise but could you just wait a few years. you'll be living your own life and if they cant accept you as parents then its their problem not yours.

3. Lanker

Unfortunately, I think you´ll have to put up with it for a few more years until you are financially independent, so you can come out safely then.

I´m really sorry that you have to hear that on a daily basis. Your mom and step dad´s mentality are disgusting :tantrum:

4. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    as hard as this sounds, you're only 16 and you need these people (unless you have another family member you can live with) my advise for what it is worth, keep your head down till your independent, financially and other wise. till then(*hug*)dude