1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out! I was worried and everything is okay!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by FlyingCheese, Feb 24, 2015.

1. FlyingCheese

Out Status:
    A few people
    I was talking to my friend about an lgbt thing we all wanted to go to, he's trans and we were talking about how it would be so nice to go to a place where other lgbt people are who relate much better.
    He also said he wanted to start a school GSA with me and my brother.
    I needed to tell my mom about the event and when I did she seemed kind of confused, my friend knew it would be important to us and offered to take us (I mean it's a long drive but he says it's worth it)
    I think my friend thought I was already out so he asked about the GSA, I mean it's this late in the year, I finally decided to tell my mom I was bi and I was really nervous planning to tell her the next morning and worried about how my brother would be treated when he would come out.
    I was so worried my parents thought my brother was just a butch lesbian and that they wouldn't understand what trans was or it would bother them, I was worried for him.
    When I told my mom about using my friend's proper pronouns I was surprised to know she already knew my sibling was trans! So after I told her that I just quickly added in "...and Im also bi so there's that..."
    She just laughed and said "that's okay" i was still anxious afterward and and so she just said "thanks for telling me"
    She told my dad and they're letting me and my brother go to the lgbt thing, I think I'm going to tell my friend I came out last monday and I still feel anxious about what my dad might say about it next time he sees me but I feel less anxious about telling them things.:lol:

2. Ybelira Inias

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Congratulations!
    I came out to my best friend yesterday. It's wonderful when the person you're telling accepts you and doesn't seem to mind your differences. :wink:

3. Wildside

Wildside Guest

Congratulations!!!! It's always such a great feeling. Enjoy it. (!)(!!)(!)