1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning on coming out through a letter.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RelaxedDude97, Feb 25, 2015.

1. RelaxedDude97

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey guys,

So i have finally decided im going to come out to one of my good friends and because i know i will be really nervous to just say it, i have written a letter.
    I'm going over to his house in an hour to work on a project with him and im not sure when and how i should give him the letter.
    Do i give it at the end of the night, do i give it when i head home so he can read it without me sitting infront of him, do i give it to him right away??

Any advice? Im so nervous haha :frowning2:

2. lyjo

Depends what you want. See when it feels right-est and hand it to him. In my opinion, I think it'd be best if you do it a bit after you get there, so that it's finally off your chest. Also, the longer you wait, the more you'll try persuading yourself to do it another time (or maybe that's just me). Be brave, yiu can never know how someone'll react, so there's no point on playing the different scenes over and over again in your ming, just go for it. You're gonna rock (*hug*)

3. RelaxedDude97

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    UPDATE

So, i didn't had the courage to give the letter to him in person and instead made a photo of it and sended it to him through a text ( im such a coward haha :frowning2: ).
    Thankgod he responded so well, he told me he had lots of respect for me and that i could talk to him and reach out to him whenever i want to. We've talked a lot and i feel like a huge weight has lifted of my shoulders. I was kinda suprised he acted the way he did, because he is the type of person that has alot of trouble with expressing feelings but he actually responded with lots of emotion haha :slight_smile:

IM SO HAPPY :slight_smile:)))))

4. lyjo

That's awesome! And well done :slight_smile:

5. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN