1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help telling my mum

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tommylee, Feb 25, 2015.

1. tommylee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey so im 20 and im gay.

I've told two of my closest friends and last Saturday night while I was out at a gay bar. I was with my aunt and her friend. She seen me kissing a guy and she took me into the bathroom and she was extremely supportive but i cried so hard and i had no idea why.

But anyway this has made me want to tell my mum because she said my mum wont care and will be just as supportive. But i just cant say the words 'I am gay'. Or even how to bring it up. It was so much easy drunk lol.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Get as drunk as you need to be to do it, if you feel you want to tell her, and that is the only way you can do it. Or ask your aunt to tell her for you, so she has time to think about what she wants to say before talking about it with you. Like your aunt said, and she has known her sister all her life, she probably won't care other than her concern for you, because it upsets you so to talk to her about it.

3. Wildside

Wildside Guest

ask your aunt if she could come over and be with you when you tell her. that could make it a lot easier to say it, and a lot harder to back down.