1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to my oldest friend, and he refuses to believe me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Granas3, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Granas3

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So, yesterday I finally told my oldest friend i was gay. I did it over MSN, as i had had good experiences coming out in that way. The problem is, he refueses to believe me. he keeps saying he "knows it's a prank" and laughing whenever i really try and open up. He says he want's proof, but he won't come over so i can do it in person(which i would probably be unable to do), and besides, i have no means to "prove" i'm gay. It's obvious to me that he's in denial, but i have no idea how to deal with this.:help:

2. biisme

First, welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

You say he won't come over to you and talk to you in person? Hmmm...when is the next time you will see your oldest friend in person? This sounds like something that needs to be straightened out face to face Perhaps if he sees you he will realize that you are telling the truth. How does he feel about homosexuality in general?

3. Jim1454

Yes - welcome to EC.

How old are you and your friend? Is this him being immature, or is this someone that has known you for 30 years, and of course is having trouble accepting that this is true...