1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gradual process

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by PNW73, Feb 27, 2015.

1. PNW73

Lately, I've become closer and closer to acknowledging that I'm a lesbian. As for stereotypes, I look nothing like what you'd think a lesbian might look like. (Also, I'm married to a man, so there's that part, too.) Our marriage is in the process of dissolving and if I'm going to be single, I want other women to know that I'm available without wearing a sign that says, "I'm a lesbian." I've thought of chopping my hair short and not wearing make up anymore. Or getting a tattoo or changing the way I dress but then wondered why I actually care if people know I'm a lesbian or not. So, I guess this is two-fold. Do I slowly start changing my appearance? And if I don't do it, will it be ok? I know this is a bit rambling, but I'm still muddling through all these emotions and thoughts.

2. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My advice is only change your appearance if you want to. If you like how you look, then why change it? There are plenty of other ways to let people know your sexual orientation(if you care about such things). The most important thing is being comfortable with who you are. Do what you love and be as happy as you can. :slight_smile:

3. Wildside

Wildside Guest

Just be who you are, and keep the look that you're comfortable with. Get out, get involved, get to know new people. Socialize where you are likely to find other lesbians, like lesbian meetups, gay churches, gay social or political action groups. There are lesbian night clubs too, if you're into that scene. If you hang out where other people like you hang out, people will assume you're there for a reason. And someone who is attracted to a woman who looks and acts like you will want to get to know you. Or you'll see women you want to get to know, and you'll strike up a conversation with them. Congratulations for being out, and good luck with the whole divorce proceedings thing.