1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling like i'm annoying friend with my feelings

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RelaxedDude97, Feb 28, 2015.

1. RelaxedDude97

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey guys,

So i recently came out to a friend of mine. He was completely okay with it and he said i could talk to him whenever i want.. A few days later and i really have the feeling im kinda annoying him with my feelings. I haven't brought the topic up in conversation because i just feel like im saddling him up with my probs :frowning2: I actually have alot i need to get off my chest but i just don't know where to start and what to say. I guess im afraid he'll think i'm annoying or something :frowning2:

Any advice?

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

One thing is that you could ask him, though he may politely say that you're not boring him even if you are. But his body language and engagement in the conversation should give you your best clue. If you kind of feel like he's not into it, they you're probably right. In any case, good of you to be sensitive to him. It shows that you're not all wrapped up in yourself, even in a difficult time. It might be good to come out to more people, to have more people to talk to. Ideal would be a gay guy, who could really identify with what you're going through, and share his own experiences. maybe find a support group? or join a gay straight alliance at school and find someone to talk to there?

3. RelaxedDude97

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, i've been thinking about coming out to more people so maybe i'll do that :slight_smile: There are a few gay guys at my school, one of them sits at the same lunch table as me but i feel like his not really trust worthy :$