1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't say I'm a hetero androgynous, and it is making me feel horrible. :(

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by shinybolt, Feb 28, 2015.

1. shinybolt

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I just saw a facebook post of a 'passing androgynous' and now I'm more confused than ever. I am a married heterosexual who isn't yet comfortable considering myself androgynous.

As a child, i played like a boy although I dressed feminine. During middle and high school though, I hid my tomboy mentality because of the bullying from other girls who saw me as a lesbian. Now that I'm older, I am very sensitive in using the term androgynous to describe myself because I feel like I'll get bullied again by both the hetero and LGBT community since I do not dress androgynous-like. I wear what I like, and what I like is more classic, strong, feminine-like clothing.

It makes me feel horrible inside that I cannot verbally express who i really am to my family. I mean, I'm sure they are aware that I always had a very androgynous-like behavior, but confused it with me being a lesbian because they always asked whether I liked girls and we're relieved to hear I didn't. Now that I'm married, to a man of course, I feel the need to let them now that I am a straight androgynous. My husband is aware of who I am, but my family isn't.

Recently, they have been asking a lot of 'when are you having children?' Questions, and I feel I want to tell them that I am androgynous before I tell them that my husband and I want to have kids and will accept our children no matter how they turn out- hetero or LGBT. I just don't know how. And the passing androgynous just made me feel worse because I don't look like that. I just needed to share this. :icon_sad:

2. MrK21

Okay just so you know you will SHOULD NOT be bullied in the LGBT communities. That is unacceptable and if I were to see that going on I would open up a nice cold can of whoopass on them. Welcome to the forums btw.