1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsure?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by love dont judge, Mar 2, 2015.

1. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I want to tell my parents that i'm transgender, but I'm not quite sure how to feel them out. I've already said I want to grow my hair out, but I haven't specified as to why, so I have that as an option.

I've also been considering mentioning that a transgender girl is having difficulties at school with people understanding and she's feeling a bit hurt and go at it from a third person point of view, even though I'm that girl. My only problem with this is that I have a small school and if they do any digging they'll find out about that girl being me. Plus, I have a small school in a small town so they'll ask who it is and I'm not sure if I want to come out like that.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Also, my dad and step-mom are very accepting and have a "You're family, family doesn't ditch family" sort of view point. I'm a little unsure about mom cause she's a semi-liberal catholic and accepting, but I don't know how she'd take having a panromantic, transgender daughter.