1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why doesn't anyone like me...:(

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by berileos, Nov 9, 2008.

1. berileos

berileos Guest

I have a feeling that everyone hates me from some reason,like I have a negative aura or something...It seems like they just use me when they need me and then they leave...I know I have a cold heart and that I build relationships very slowly,but that's not a reason for everyone to dump me...
    Anyone else who shares the same symptoms or knows how to cure them?

2. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Eh, I like you. You're cute :wink:

But I know how you feel... I'm the same way most of the time. I don't know how to solve it either :frowning2:

3. Rygirl

Hey, I know what you're going through, in fact I went through it myself a while ago and it really sucks. What happened to me and what is probably happening to you is that you act so shy and quiet that people think that you have nothing to say. The only way to get around it is to try to be more sociable, if you hear some people having a conversation about a topic you're interested in then join in, eventually you'll find a really nice group of people that you have a lot in common with.

4. berileos

berileos Guest

Hmmm,I plug in a conversation once in a while,but people still don't have any "desire" to talk to me...and I can see there is an improvement with people in my class since this is the third year we're together.In first grade I wasn't talking to anyone,and now I'm talking with half,but even the guy I'm sitting with is hanging with me since I'm the only one who knows how to play some game of his when we're bored...when I'm not in the mood to play,he leaves to talk with someone else...That is not very nice of him...

5. Linkmaste

Hey I went though this too back as a kid. You just gotta have some more confidence and be a little more social. Find somthing you really like or get involved in a club. If you think things are going to come to you (I used to think like that) its quite the oppsite. Until I got involved with clubs, sports teams, and I actually made discussions with people I was in the same position as you.

By the way, I dont hate you...not a lot of people I hate anyways.

6. thespanishheart

I agree with the above. It sounds like because you're not a very social person, people think they can walk all over you --- and so they do. I don't think it's anything personal, I just think they're taking advantage of someone.

Try to be a little more social. I know it's hard --- I'm in the same position. If you don't pop out of your shell a little bit, then how do you expect to make relationships? I've had to pop out a lot recently, and it's not comfortable, but I know it'll pay off later.

By the way, there's nothing wrong with taking relationships slowly. Anyone should respect that, because we all move at different paces.

Good luck! (*hug*)

7. tomahto72

tomahto72 Guest

Yes I had this problem at school many times and it took me a few years to settle down. i found my best point of access was to have someone you do a sport or go to uni or work with. Talk to them about that first off but don't push it too far. This oils the gears and it shouldn't be too hard from there.
    Now where I come from butting in on a conversation is called "jimming in" but you can do this successfully. Find people (more than 2) you have common ground with (friends, assosciates etc) and just wait for an oppurtunity
    Good luck with this hope all goes swimmingly!

8. Jim1454

Well... People like to hang out with people that make them feel good. Either because you're fun, or pleasant, or funny, or something. But if you're not, what would be the attraction for them?

You say you have a cold heart. What does that mean? If you're not particularly caring, or you tend to take things too seriously and too personally, then you quite possibly ARE giving off some kind of negative aura.

When you don't feel like playing the games with the guy that sits beside you, do you talk or anything? Do you ask him how he is, or what's going on in his life? If not, he likely doesn't like to sit there in silence given there are other people he could talk to...

9. berileos

berileos Guest

I'm not that unsocial!:eek:
    Some people who I talk too consider me funny and interesting...but I don't feel it's their real opinion...
    That "cold heart" means that I don't show feelings in any situation so it seems like I'm a robot or something...I believe that such kind of attitude is awkward to people...
    Of course I talk to him!We sat the whole year together,but this year I chose not to sit with him.I don't know,he seems quite boring...but we sometimes sit together and instead of talking we play that stupid game...That part could not be my fault...

10. Jim1454

^ you've identified stuff yourself...

People appear to think you're funny, but you don't believe them. Do you doubt everything people tell you about what they think of you?

You don't show any emotions, which you already suspect people find awkward.

The guy you were complaining about above - who doesn't always talk to you, which you thought wasn't very nice of him. Well - YOU chose not to sit with him this year. Maybe HE interpreted that to be not very nice of you.

If people don't seem to like you, then you either need to change your interpretation of what they really think about you, or change your behaviour so that you are more likable. In either case, it's likely you that needs to make some changes - because we can't chante other people.

11. kh23172

I think that it's a phase that a lot of people go through.. eventually it'll go away. Be a believer. :slight_smile: