1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Self-Denial

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kindy14, Mar 2, 2015.

1. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

So, I had a great weekend. Three new friends of mine and I went down to Louisville to see the Kongos at the Mercury Ballroom. Oh, I had such a blast. Got properly drunk, and pounded out the rhythm of the music all night. Got to meet this interesting couple, the gal of which was a cute little southern gal from Lexington. She freaked when she lost her drivers license so she had me feel in her pockets for it... :thumbsup: And apologies to anyone I might have bumped into... :icon_redf

Anyway, I had a BLAST (!)

I realized while we were driving back that while I never doubted that I liked both guys and gals, I always denied myself the guy side of it. I remember staring at guys and guy friends of mine through middle school and high school. Being attracted to them, but not doing anything about it. Well and at girls all the time too. Always trying to make sure I didn't get caught staring, which would always make me burn from embarrassment.

I built those walls up and I'm tearing them down. Sometimes faster than I can seem to handle. All these holes in the wall are starting to shine some light on things I haven't felt or thought about in years.