1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parents advice please!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by My Name, Mar 2, 2015.

1. My Name

Out Status:
    Some people
    When I was 14 I had my first relationship with a girl. At the time, I thought nothing of it, I was just enjoying myself and being happy. Unfortunately, my mum found out and although she emphasized that everything would be ok, she told me various times to take my time and figure everything out but since then she started to treat me differently. Checking the way I dressed, commenting on whether it was too boyish and making me feel bad for just being the way I am, really. I've never been very feminine tbh, not everyday anyways.

The girl and i broke up and things eventually got better.

Until recently... 'accidentally' she read a text from the same girl. We are still in contact and say hi to each other every few months... She made a big deal of it. Cancelled some of my summer plans, changed her whole attitude towards me and began to behave in a similar way she did back then.
    I haven't come out to her (or anyone in my family) and although I thought i could, her attitude just puts me off completely. Everytime she mentions the "topic" she reassures me that whatever happens she will always love me blah blah blah but then behaves in a completely different way.

I'm stuck. I don't know what to do and it just affects everything. argh.. Should i just come out to her?

2. Oh hai

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Depends. Do you rely on her for shelter, food, etc.?