1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need advice... help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jello, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Jello

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi. I'm 12 (13 soon) and I'm 99.9% sure that i'm gay... I'm really scared... Most of the people around me are religious and others use gay as an insult. Let's just say people around me aren't very accepting... Am I too young to know? I Just don't feel emotionally attracted towards girls. But when people start talking about guys, it's like my mind flips upside down... I really feel alone. I know people will probobaly say I'm too young to know but... I just have a gut feeling... Even when I was younger. We went on a really boring field trip today... During the presentation, the guide said that people wear clothes to attract members of the opposite sex. I asked what about the same sex and I kept getting a lot of wierd looks. I just wished I had kept my mouth shut. I don't know what to do... I really do know in the inside who I am... But I'm afraid to say it. I afraid how people might react, I just feel like there's no one else to talk to, like there's no one I really can trust. I've been bullied a lot and physically hurt, I've moved schools and it didn't fix anything. I feel like I have to hide myself from the my family and friends. I feel depressed. i know this is really silly for a seventh grader to be saying. but I want to tell people...I want to be myself... But I'm scared, will I be rejected? Will people say I'm too young to know? Please help me. -J

2. Ybelira Inias

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Theese few things saved me lots of trouble, might help you as well:
    1. No need to hurry. Nobody ever said you can't stay in the closet for long. It's you own choice when and how to come out and before that happens, you have to know and accept yourself. If you're not feeling sure about coming out, then maybe the time still hasn't come.
    2. No need to tell everybody. It would be nice if we could openly show who we are, but sometimes it's better if some people don't know. Tell the ones who deserve to know, the ones you want to tell. Start with someone close who'll probably understand you and support you in future. But if you're sure someone will not accept you, then maybe this person doesn't need to know.
    3. You are your best friend. Whatever happens, if you're sure in yourself, you'll find a way. Noone can help you more than you can help yourself. Nothng is lost as long as you have hope and believe in yourself.
    4. You're safe in your thoughts. When it comes to speaking, you might need to be carefull what you're saying, but nobody can read your mind. Don't be scared to think, imagine, dream. Freeing your thoughts is the way to get to know yourself.

And again, wait as long as you need. Coming out and actually everything in life should be done only when you feel it's time for it.

Nobody can tell if you're too young except yourself. There's nothing bad in waiting, if you're not feeling confident enough. Come out only when you feel you're ready and you want it.

I hope this helps. Wait a little more, don't rush. Calm your mind. Read other people's advices here. Nobody makes this decision for you.

#2 Ybelira Inias, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  3. Jello

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks so much, this really helps me. I just really wanted to get it out because it hurts so much knowing there's no one around who gets you. Thanks again. :slight_smile: