1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sturtevant, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Sturtevant

Sturtevant Guest

I have two very good friends who were the second and third people I came out to. Very safe seeing as they're a couple and have been partnered for 20 plus years. These are the kind of guys that upon seeing my app profile said "no honey, you're just going to attract a predator with that, let me fix it for you." So you get the drift of their character.

Well, one of the things they warned me about is coming out to straight guys. They said there are many who will use a gay man for head. I thought this was madness as my previous straight self (right) would never have dreamed up such a thing. But, I guess I can't really comment on what a straight person would or would not do since I'm as straight as a clothes hanger and was always trying to preserve my heterosexuality, consciously or subconsciously.

Fast forward a couple months and my best friend from graduate school days was visiting me. We were on my back porch drinking and talking and I figured what the hell, and I told him. You've probably guessed what happens next. I'm thinking in my head, seriously? This is your reaction? But simply said, no. He quickly changed the subject to omg what the hell are you and (insert spouse's name) going to do? The next morning, he was clearly embarrassed and left quickly.

Has anyone else experienced this? BTW, that wasn't a deal breaker we were still friends. But since a couple weeks ago, we are no longer due to a completely unrelated event. This sucks as I have very few close friends.

2. danielo21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No wonder why he was embarrassed. What an akward situation!

Straight people sometimes think that because men are always horny, gay men must be extra horny.Weird logic. Ah,and that we are horny for straight men above all the things. It was a little tactless that the first thing he came up with after you told him is that. Maybe "bicurious" or whatever men who want to experiment feel that the only safe way is with the gay friend they trust.

Was your straight friend partnered when this happened?

3. Sturtevant

Sturtevant Guest

For sure. Yeah, he's married, but he's also a slut as far as I'm concerned. I wanted to tell him that from where that thing has been, no way in hell it's going in my mouth :roflmao:

It was definitely tactless. Maybe he was really comfortable with me. After grad school we ended up working for the same company (I've since left). We travelled for work to tropical destinations and had some hilariously romantic dinners some on Valentine's day no less. But he is very straight. I'd be surprised if you could even call him curious.

4. danielo21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It sounds good fun after all. Anyway, I am always surprised about the labels.

I am gay and doing any kind of sexual romantic stuff with the opposite sex is not my cup of tea. Hence that is the reason I feel that a man who is willing to do some kind of stuff with the same sex is atleast bicurious, not implying that he has the secret desire to have a romantic relationship with another man. Anyway, just ranting =).