1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my mom (Rough idea)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AngelWings17, Mar 3, 2015.

1. AngelWings17

AngelWings17 Guest

So, I feel like I might be ready to come out to my mom, and I might even record her live reaction.

So how I'm planning it is first asking her about her view on the LGBT community, then asking how she'd react if I was in said community. If her reaction would be predicted as good, then I'll tell her that I am in the LGBT community. That I am bisexual.

Good idea? Yes or no?

2. TheHesitantAlien

Possibly... Do you have a rough idea of her views already? If she's quite liberal and open-minded (and has a good sense of humour), then that might be quite a fun idea! :slight_smile: However, if she's not so comfortable with the idea, then I would take a little more of a serious tone.
    That said, good luck with whatever you choose to do! :3

3. AngelWings17

AngelWings17 Guest

That's just it, I don't know her views. I know one of my sisters is fine with it, as she knows someone who is gay. But I'm not going to come out to either of my sisters until I've come out to my mom.

4. TwoWays

As LeoTheGamer mentioned, do you know what her views off LGBT+ is? Personally I wouldn't film it, as it is always tough for a parent when their child comes out, even if they are supportive. But apart from that, yes I think your plan is a good one.