1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kryz, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Kryz

Ok so, this is my little story, enjoy and comment plz

I realized I like men when I was like... 11?
    So at that point of my life I didn't cared, I was like "O yeah I like boys and so? it's not like I'm gonna have sex with the first stranger I run into. I'll just enjoy life as it comes"
    I lived most of junior high with it as a secret, being constantly teased and called names and stuff. That's when I started to be passive agressive, and the bullies stoped.

THEN highschool came, it was a radical change. I atended to the Universitie's highschool, and it was a really liberal space. There I started to really think about my orientation, and came to the conclusion that I was gay. Never told anyone tough I had a bi (really open minded) and a gay friend in my close circle. I was waiting for the ~right moment~
    to come. OF COURSE it never came.

So after that I started the University. I got new friends & stuff, life in campus was SWEET. I had this female friend, who became girlfriend with another from the group of friends, and realized I felt jealous of her!!! :eek: I mean like what? I had really clear in my mind that I was gay; I mean I had already came out to myself and all of the sudden I really care and want to be with this girl?!
    But I made myself clear that I obviously had no chance, and it was a mistake, since both of them are really close friends. So after a while she and I became CLOSER, like REALLY CLOSE, I realized we are like iddentical, we are so alike and have the world in common, I had already gotten over her and decided that I was gonna start to come out to her. So one night at the MSN I told her that I was confused coz I liked a guy. She was like :eek: and started saying that might be some sort of influence from my gay friends and stuff, she even said "no one knows if they're born or done".... I was like biiiiiiiitch, I chose you!!! She finally came to her senses and accepted in was something I couldn't control.
    From that point we even chased around some cute guy who we both liked in the campus :grin: and the plan was that I was going to come out in parts. but then....

She throwed a frkn bomb, she told me that she liked me and the she wasn't that happy anymore with her bf... PSH... I couldn't lied to her and told her I also likeD her some time bfore. After a week or so, I started to ~like~ her again. I broke the effin' couple, they were perfect and I broke it, oh yes. And I became her boyfriend...

PSH now I dunno what to do, coz I realized I don't ~like~ her like sexually. I LOVE to be with her bcoz we are so alike... (there will be another thread for this problem anytime soon)

So like... am I, or am I not?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Based solely on your post, I'd say yes. Yes, you are.

It sounds like you weren't jealous of your female friend in a sexual way. You weren't unhappy that she was getting physical with somebody else. You were unhappy because she was spending a lot of time with somebody else, thus diminishing the time she spent with you. And that's just something that happens when people enter a relationship. That relationship becomes the focal point, and time spent with other friends diminishes - sometimes a lot. And that may have angered you, because you really liked spending time with her. So perhaps you deluded yourself into thinking you didn't just really like her - you liked her "like that".

I don't know if you "broke the couple", necessarily. At the very least, she was a willing accomplice. If she was willing to be broken up, it wasn't all your doing.

Still, you're in a bit of a pickle now, because your best friend is now your girlfriend, and you have no interest in her sexually. About all you can do is break up with her. You can do it slow, tenderly, with heart. But you're gonna have to do it. Feel free to tell her the truth. You love her dearly, you'd do anything for her, but in the bedroom, you feel nothing at all for her. You apparently really ARE gay. You can be her best friend for life, but you can't be her boyfriend.

Lex

3. acorn7

I agree with Lex. That you want to be with her doesn't mean you WANT her, it just means you really like her and you obviously get jealous if she spends more time with other people.

There are plenty of girls that I could (and have) love(d) romantically, if you will, but I've never felt sexual desire towards them. It seems like it's the same for you. She's just a really good friend, but can never be a girlfriend.