1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by scotbok, Nov 10, 2008.

1. scotbok

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Guys,

I've just come out to my wife and while I know it's what I want am still nervous about the next steps. I don't know anyone who is gay and am looking for friends.

Is there anyone else going through or having gone through something similar who is willing to chat.

message me
    Jay

2. InaRut

Well I can say that being 19 I'm generally never been married...but I can tell you it seems that alot of the older *but not THAT old* people seem to be just fine being gay and having an ex-wife.

Just treat her gently. If she doesn't understand. Giver he a chance to. You know?

I don't know if that's great advice but...

WAY TO GO. Nonetheless :slight_smile:

3. scotbok

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    she's been great, really supportive. Don't think I could do this without her.

4. Tom94

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, first off, your very brave, telling your wife. I'm 14, and I'm scared to even tell my friends, let alone someone who thought you loved them. Congratulations!

I'd say the next step would probably to go out on the gay scene in where ever you live. I mean, I don't know, cos I'm only young, but I'm sure there'd be loads of people to meet in a club or bar etc.

5. TriBi

Hi Jay and welcome to EC.

You may find it surprising - but there are a few guys on here who have been going through the same thing as yourself, including one of our Mods, Jim1454. He has had discussions with quite a few other guys going through the same as yourself - and I'm sure he'll look in here pretty soon. :wink:

6. Dark Secret

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all Jay, well done on taking your first big step!

Secondly, until you find your feet, you may like to try giving the Glasgow LGBT Switchboard a call, where you can talk in confidence to an operator.

They will be able to give you all the information you need about anything LGBT, from counselors to support groups, from bars/clubs to safe places to meet new friends.

Switchboards normally operate for a few hours in the evening and I believe that Glasgow operates between 19.00 and 22.00 daily, you may not always get through straight away, so please be patient and don't be nervous.

Good Luck!

7. LoveIsBlind

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well done on telling her, and I'm glad she's been supportive :slight_smile: