1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I told my friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Beautiful Mount, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Beautiful Mount

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yesterday, I came out to my friend it was so awkward to tell him, before I told him how I felt, he told me he was bi which prompted me to tell him I was gay or bi. We had a discussion and he was honestly shocked he thought I was straight and the straightest out of all of his friends. When I told him I was really nervous, I had a hold of my hair, and I was pulling it harder for every next word I spoke. He was supportive and accepting, he says he won't tell anyone, it is such a great relief to tell someone. :slight_smile:

2. NewKid87

Congratulations! That's a big step and you should be proud of yourself :slight_smile: It does feel like a huge relief after you tell someone, and it'll get easier the more people you come out to. I'm glad you have a such a supportive and accepting friend. Good luck :thumbsup:

3. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations. (*hug*)

4. BlueLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats! :slight_smile:

The first time you come out is the most difficult one.

5. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Feels like a big weight off your shoulders doesn't it.

Congrats...

6. TwoWays

Wow! Congratulations! :grin: Its a massive relief when you come out, isn't it?

He told you that he was bi? Could there be anything between you :slight_smile:

7. Beautiful Mount

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well.... the day I told him he was shocked, and the day after, just after I posted this thread, we started talking on Facebook, and I started to develop feelings for him, and I told him on chat, and he said to me he would be lying if he didn't feel the same way, then we started telling each other that we loved each other, but after a while I knew this wouldn't work, and I told him I can't have a relationship with him, the relationship was too long distance and I didn't want to jeopardize our friendship, he said he understands and is fine with it, now know I just feel so bad, I'm only nearly 14, and I don't think I'm ready for my first gay relationship and I've only come out to 1 person and that's him, I would prefer to be more open before I start getting in to dating, now know feel awful for leading him on, but he says he is fine, and is totally understanding, but I'm worried he isn't fine, he has expressed his feelings for women, but I don't know if he is denial? I always thought he was gay too, but he says he bi, but I'm not sure, I think I hurt him?

8. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Oh, don't worry about dating yet, you're still young. Make friends, be open, honest, and authentic.

I think, he probably does understand your feelings, and your caution right now. This is a big step for you, you should comfortable in your own skin before you commit to being with someone else. How old is your friend BTW?

I wouldn't worry about hurting him over feelings expressed through one chat session on facebook. You are just coming out, you have all these feelings you probably haven't expressed. Part of your feelings are probably the relief you are feeling from coming out. You were not leading him on, you were being honest. You told him straight away when you realized things would be difficult, and that you aren't ready. That is actually very mature of you.

I think you did fine, just keep being open and honest with him.

9. Beautiful Mount

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My friend is the same age as me, and we have been friends for 10 years. And thank you so much :slight_smile:

10. TheAnon32

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It so funny. The same thing happened to me a week ago. I told my friend that i was questioning and he told me in response that he was omnisexual. I was shocked. It is good to have someone to compare notes and talk to. It is a really good support.

11. 8pointhunter3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congratulations.

12. Beautiful Mount

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I told my 2nd friend today, yay, he supports me, and he told me he was straight :slight_smile: