1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Bias Motivated Incident Support Team"

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MLCarr, Nov 10, 2008.

1. MLCarr

Also called BMIST. They've started it at Baylor, and it's supposed to suppor anyone that's in a minority. A few of my also gay friends were worried that if homosexuals went to them they would get 'ratted out' to the university and possibly kicked out. Here's the letter I wrote (with the help of my guy friend Justin) and the response I got.

Please read it, let me know what you think. We are planning on meeting with this professor, without giving names, tomorrow at 3:00. So help sooner rather than later...

And their response:

So as I said, Justin and I are meeting with this guy tomorrow. We were thinking of giving them the e-mail address we sent it with (something not linked to any names) and asking them that, if they see the need, they could give it out and we will contact the student who needs help....

What do ya'll think?

2. Wow, that's awesome! I wasn't expecting them to respond like they did. I hope something good comes out of you meeting him!

3. MLCarr

Ha, me too. I'm not sure what to expect, but because nothing is linked to my name...I should be able to get out of any situation. Unless they call for an IP address for the computer...in which case I'm just screwed. Let's just hope it turns out good.