1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i come out to my friends?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by FlynnEnby, Mar 8, 2015.

1. FlynnEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So i want to come out to a bunch of my friends at uni (6 humans to be exact, well 5 cos one of them is my best friend and already knows). But i'm not sure how to go about it, i don't want to walk up to them one morning and just be like 'hey guys i'm gay' and make a fuss about it, cos i don't really think its such a big deal.
    What i want to do is just casually mention it...but im not really sure how to do that (i am a rather awkward human)
    Also these are humans which have literally all the same lectures i do, so i see them basically all the time i am at uni...so i don't want things to become weird or awkward with them or for them to be uncomfortable

2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it's not something you don't want to make a fuss about why not just continue conversations as if they already know!
    Just mention who you like as if everybody knows or just drop into conversation "Wow she looks hot" or mention your favourite gay club or pub!
    Best of luck with it!

3. JooBooGoo

Well if you just want to tell them causally then, just bring it up whenever they bring up LGBT+ topics and keep the conversation going. You can also come out any without words by wearing pride clothing (shirts,ties/bowties/ bracelet, etc).

4. FlynnEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ok so this is kinda weird...
    i own a giant rainbow umbrella, the kind which can't be folded and put in a bag (which funnily enough my best friend gave me before she knew i was gay). Whenever its raining and i take the umbrella to uni all my friends refer to it as my gay pride umbrella. But i can never tell if they are joking or if they seriously think i'm gay...
    I'll usually go along with the whole pride thing, i've never tried to hide my sexuality from them. Sometimes i think they all know already and if i tell them they'd just be like duh!

...though i did have a boyfriend up till like3 months ago and at least some of them knew about him, so i guess they wouldn't think i'm gay

5. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you will have a wonderful coming out!

(&&&) (!)