1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I could really use some help.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by A Unique Name, Mar 8, 2015.

1. A Unique Name

Hello everybody. Since the fifth grade I've been having some homosexual thoughts, I tried to dismiss it, as I was told that it was just because my brain was messing with me using my OCD, and I never thought that that was the case, but I tried to dismiss it. I just couldn't, and it would bother me deeply every day. Recently, due to a close friend supporting me and helping me cope with who I am, I have come to terms with it. I have no problem telling my friends about my sexuality, but I have a lot of trouble around my parents. I have always gotten uncomfortable when they asked me questions, whether it be about who I have a crush on, or why I'm not in a relationship, so I've always avoided questions like that, but I feel like they should know. I feel like they would love me the same either way, but I just get really uncomfortable. I could really use some help. Thank you. ❤

2. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe you could write them a letter and ask them to read it & talk to you about it when they're done. That way you'd be able to make all of your thoughts clear and concise, and edit it to say exactly what you need it to without the chance of you becoming nervous and getting your thoughts jumbled.

3. A Unique Name

Yeah, that actually sounds like a really good idea. Maybe I'll do that, or something along the lines of that. I know my mom wouldn't care, and I know my dad has nothing against homosexual people, but he does make some jokes about them sometimes, and it could really get to me. I know he doesn't mean any harm by it. Actually, he did ask me once if I was straight, and so did my mom, and I told them that I was confused and that I thought that I was bisexual. They just said that they love me either way, but to find out what I actually am before I engage in any sexual acts. They also told me to tell them what I am when I am sure of it, and that they don't care either way but would like to know. I'm really scared to tell them though, and I'm not quite sure why..

4. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey A Unique Name,

It seems that your parents are ok with it! That's great! :slight_smile:

If you are too scared to tell them face-to-face, do what Ophelia suggested: Write a letter and ask them to read it, or leave it in a easy to spot place before going to school or work (i like the first idea more).

When you do it, tell us how it went! :slight_smile:

5. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't worry, it'll be ok (*hug*)
    And if you're not ready to tell them or you feel too nervous, don't rush into it. Give yourself as much time as you need, this is all part of your own journey. Tell them when you're ready.

6. A Unique Name

Thank you both very much. It means a lot. I would really like to tell them as soon as possible, but I'm not sure if I'm ready yet. I may wait until coming out day of this year. Like I said, it may be a little while from now, but I'll definitely make sure to tell the two of you how it went when it's all done.

7. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll be waiting! Haha :slight_smile:

Good luck

8. A Unique Name

Sounds good! And thank you so much. ❤

#8 A Unique Name, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  9. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Awesome :slight_smile: I can't wait to hear about it!

10. A Unique Name

Awesome. It's great to have people to support me. :slight_smile: