1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could somebody help me?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bigspeakers, Mar 9, 2015.

1. bigspeakers

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, I just couple days ago find out that I am bisexual. I could be bi curious too, but when I thought about it and my experienses, I'm kinda sure that I'm bisexual. So to me this is difficult to accept. And when I realize that I was bisexual, I wanted badly to tell my friends about it but it's hard, because my friends are anti-gay and I don't want to lose them + they tease one girl who is a lesbian. So, I just hope that somebody could give me some advices with this situation.
    Thank you! :slight_smile:

2. Yami

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Tell them.. If they "leave", then there isn't really people I'd like to have around, and I really hope you do too. But it's up to you :slight_smile:

3. WantToBreakFree

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Haaii,

First of, I'm happy you found out who you are and accept it so easily!! Next of, maybe you could start by standing up for the lesbian girl who is getting bullied? Not only will it help her, but it would also show them how you feel about LGBT to your friends. If they don't react badly to that, you could slowly tell them about your feelings?

Maybe you could introduce gay-straight alliance to your school? Perhaps with the help of the lesbian girl from your school.

Good Luck!!
    Hugs&kisses

4. 101DeadRoses

First of all, I want to say blatantly and maybe harshly, that if your friends won't accept you, they're not good friends. Good friends are there for you, no matter what, unless you're an ax murderer (LOL). You should be able to talk to them without fear of betrayal. If not, then they're not your friends.

Secondly, as others have said, maybe start by standing up for the lesbian girl and gauging their reaction off of that. If it's too bad, I wouldn't advise coming out to them. I would more advise slowly starting to distance yourself from them if they're too awful about it.

Just my two cents. But please, if they're anti-gay, do yourself a favor and get away now!

5. standup

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't know, but I imagine it's more well-tolerated to be bisexual than any of the other LGBT identities....after all, you're still 'half' with the straight set, so it seems it would be easier for you all to relate...not sure, just guessing!

6. woahthatsboring

Well it seems like you're in pickle. I think you should wait until you feel comfortable telling them and if they don't accept you they're no good anyways. I know it sounds cheesy but you shouldn't have to hide yourself to your friends. Remember don't feel pressured to tell them if you don't want.

Hope for the best

7. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think if you don't tell them you may find yourself distancing from them. True friends honestly won't hate you for being who you are. I know it can be hard losing friends, but you will always be able to make new friends, like the girl they make fun of. I had a friend who was anti-gay and it just never worked out, although not saying your friends won't be accepting. Ask and you shall receive.

Hope for the best!