1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I want to tell but I don't know how...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by woahthatsboring, Mar 12, 2015.

1. woahthatsboring

Exactly what the title says. I think I want to tell someone how I'm feeling. Definitely not my parents or any family members-- I'm no where near comfortable letting them know my feelings yet. They would all be accepting but it just wouldn't be the same anymore, they'll look at me differently and my extended family would probably talk about me being the Devils child( I KNOW THIS BECAUSE MY FAMILY DOES THIS WITH OTHER PEOPLE KID) so yeah basically I don't think I'm ever going to tell them, they're way into God and believing that I'm gonna go to hell for liking a girl.

And I don't know if I should tell my friends because they wouldn't know how to act around me. One time, one of my friends even told someone that "I could never be gay because I'm so straight" and I know it sounds stupid, it really does but that's what they said.

Anyways, I think I might be between a hetroflexible or bisexual and I'm starting to come to terms with it the more I think about it and say it in my head but the problem is I'm not the type of person comfortable hiding who I am and keeping secrets-- its way to hard because I feel like I'm lying to cover a lie and sooner or later the lie will come out.

2. TheWorldBook

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Sexual orientation is very confusing. At least to me it is. Telling friends can be as difficult as telling family, because unfortunately they may become repulsed. That, obviously, is a sign that they were not true friends. So don't come out to someone you even "trust somewhat." Maybe you knew a friend for years you could come out too. But don't rush yourself to come out because that might make you nervous. Wait it out until you become comfortable under your own skin. If you're not, coming out might make you nervous. Nervousness tends to cause chain reactions which is never much of a good thing. It makes the situation very volatile. That's why planning it out also seems to be a good idea. It may or may not be a script, I'm not sure how others plan it out. And it's not easy to keep secrets, and can sometimes be very harmful once they turn against you into a state of denial.

Best of luck to you.

3. woahthatsboring

Thank you for your reply, hopefully my nerves settle. It's hard for me to keep secrets from others when I feel like I'm lying to myself-- even if it's just one girl and I'm still straight. I don't think anyone would get it if I told them that, a lot of people like to think that if you like the same gender than you're strictly a lesbian or bisexual but I only like one girl and prefer guys. I don't think my family would understand that even after my nerves have settled