1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I come out to my friend?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by CaffeineAddict, Mar 13, 2015.

1. CaffeineAddict

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If there is anyone that I am ready to tell, it is her. We work together, and have been close friends since we both started working at our current job. I know she would be accepting, considering that a couple of our friends are gay and she is very close to them. I just do not know how to approach the conversation. Mention something subtle while we're working? Flat out say it? I don't feel scared to approach this conversation, but I've just been denying this fact about myself for so long that whenever I work myself up to it, the words don't come out. Any advice?

2. blackhatguy

If you had a mutual friend who's not straight, I'd start by asking how they feel about it, then if you decide they're ok with it, tell them you're not really that straight either. That's what I did, and it went over well even with a pretty conservative straight guy. Probably not very subtle, gets the job done

3. woahthatsboring

Whatever way you feel like is easier to tell her, that is the way. I know that doesn't sound like much help but it's all about what you're comfortable with. Trying to stick to a certain way to say it might cause more pressure. When you go up to her, look her in a eye and be honest, she'll accept you.