1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panromantic Lesbian Coming Out Help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Noodle72, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Noodle72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi!
    I have gone through a one and a half year time where I was unsure of my sexual orientation, and I came to a few false conclusions, but now I'm sure of who I am. And I think I'm ready to come out.
    The more I think about it, the more I question it, and I also don't know which one of my friends to come out to. I know all my friends are accepting of LGBT+ people, but I know for sure that I'll have to explain the panromantic part.
    For those of you advice-givers who don't know what panromantic means, it means that I can be emotionally/romantically attracted to people of all genders, but for me, I still prefer girls. Especially because I'm a lesbian.
    Back to the main topic, I don't know how to come out. I don't think I have the guts to do it face to face, but I don't know what else to do.
    I could use an email, or I could write a letter, but what would I write?
    I just need some help figuring this all out.
    Thanks for reading!
    Please give advice! :icon_bigg

2. CrazyAwkward

Hello!
    It's great that you have accepting friends. An email or a letter would be a good way to come out if that's what you feel most comfortable doing. Doing what's comfortable for you is the most important thing. As for what to say... Only you can find the right words. You don't have to be super serious about it. Since your friends are cool and accepting, all you really have to do is tell them, and throw in an explanation on what panromantic is. If it helps, pretend like you are talking to one of your friends here. What would you say to them right now if you could?

3. Noodle72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I was talking face to face, I would probably start by directing the conversation to LGBT+ related stuff, and ask them how they would feel if they had a friend that was part of the LGBT+ community. Then, I would tell them that they do, and explain what I am and what panromantic means. But I'm not sure I could do that, so I need to figure out how to put that into email/letter form. Or, I could try to say it over Skype, because I talk to my friends on Skype quite often, but that would be just about as hard as face to face.

4. CrazyAwkward

Sometimes when I'm writing a letter it helps to write it like I'm talking to someone face to face. It comes out less formal that way. You could start off by asking how they'd feel if they had a friend in the LGBT community, like you mentioned above, and then go on to say "because - surprise!- you do!" Or something like that. And then go into an explanation. I hope this helps a little. Good luck!

5. Noodle72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :icon_bigg Thanks! I'll try to do that soon! Hope you have a nice day :slight_smile:

#5 Noodle72, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  6. CrazyAwkward

You're welcome! If you feel like you need feedback on whatever you write, feel free to post it here on the forum. Lots of people, including myself, have done that, and it can be helpful :slight_smile: