1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused or Lesbian?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ConfusedSomebod, Mar 15, 2015.

1. ConfusedSomebod

Hi.
    I'm confused about my sexuality and I don't know what to do..
    First.. I'm 14 year old and I'm girl. I always thought I was into boys. I even date some. This sommer I first kiss boy. I liked him, but the kiss was awfull. Then I realise, that even when I liked my dates, I never loved one. But I get over it.
    Then I told my best friend (he's boy and bi and 17 years old) and he told me in joke: Welcome to the LGBT club! I laughed at it and forget it. But when we started school again I started to feel something to my friend and she's girl. I first thought okay.. I just care for her.
    But then I go to ball with my parrents and there was really hot women and I was like: Oooh! At that ball I looked at boys and girls and realise that for me girls look better then boys and after that my confusion started.
    I bring that topic around the girl I liked. She say to me, that she's bi and I said that I'm into her. But either of us make any move. We're hugging all the time and it's really good feeling, but I don't want to start something and then realise, that I'm straight.. She is really good friend.
    I am also scared about my familly. My cousin is gay. Our familly accept it now, but there was a lot of harm before it calm.. My parents are okay with it, but I don't know how they will react if it would have been me, their only child...

Please... Even a little help will be appreciate.

2. MessieM

Gosh you remind me of myself lol!

I too had my first kiss when I was 14. I really fancied the guy and I thought he was super good looking… however when we kissed i really, really did not like it. Then I had a humongous crush on a girl, and was the first person I actually wanted to kiss. However, I still liked looking at guys… but continued to kiss them and not like it.

In my head I tried loads of different labels: Bisexual, Homoromantic bisexual, heteromantic homosexual, homoromantic pansexual, lesbian, queer… but none of them really stuck.

Only until two years later I actually kissed a girl, and I realised it was the best thing ever. Only with time did I figure out my sexuality. That's my advice to you, and I know it's incredibly frustrating, but I swear if you give it time you will find out and feel comfortable.

You have two friends that identify as bisexual… why don't you talk to them? They probably know what you're going through, and it's great you actually have some LGBT friends, I definitely didn't at your age!

Good luck :slight_smile:

3. ConfusedSomebod

Thank you for answer. It's good to see, that it isn't just me and there's nothing wrong with me. :slight_smile: